Kingfisher PLC (KGF.L)
24 Apr 2015
* Kingfisher up as investors welcome store closures (Updates with closing prices)
* Kingfisher up as investors welcome store closures (Recasts, adds detail, quote)
* Shares rise up to 5 percent (Adds detail, CEO, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON, March 31 - European shares extended gains on Tuesday and headed for their best quarterly performance in several years, with Kingfisher leading the market higher after announcing it planned to sell about 60 B&Q stores in Britain.
* CEO says "not very worried" about collapse of Mr Bricolage deal
LONDON, March 31 - European shares edged higher in early trading on Tuesday and headed for their best quarterly performance in several years, with Kingfisher leading the market higher following its plans to sell about 60 B&Q stores in Britain.
LONDON, March 31 - Kingfisher, Europe's biggest home improvement retailer, said on Tuesday it planned to close about 60 underperforming B&Q stores in Britain as the wider group posted a 7.5 percent fall in annual profit.
March 30 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Monday:
LONDON/PARIS, March 30 - Kingfisher, Europe's largest home-improvement retailer, has ditched its planned purchase of French DIY chain Mr Bricolage, it said on Monday, following concerns over the number of store closures that would have been required to clear antitrust hurdles.
* Announces Mr Bricolage acquisition not to proceed Source text: http://bit.ly/1a9Qzrw See also: nL6N0WW10V Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)