Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS.N)
8 Oct 2015
* Shares rise as much as 13 pct (Adds CEO, analyst comments, details; updates shares)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.40 pct, S&P 0.24 pct, Nasdaq 0.32 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures up: Dow 8 pts, S&P 1.25 pts, Nasdaq 6 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
Aug 5 - Kate Spade & Co reported better-than-expected growth in its quarterly same-store sales, helped by strong demand for its handbags and small leather goods such as wallets.
NEW YORK, June 12 - Michael Kors Holdings Ltd agreed to pay $4.88 million and change its sales practices to settle a class action lawsuit claiming it used deceptive price tags at its outlet stores to fool shoppers into believing they were getting big bargains.
- U.S. stocks ended sharply higher on Wednesday and the Nasdaq logged a record high close, led by a rebound in technology and healthcare stocks and optimism that Greece would avoid defaulting on its debt. | Video
* Indexes end up: Dow 0.7 pct, S&P 0.9 pct, Nasdaq 1.5 pct (Updates to close)
* Tough competition, "brand fatigue" hit N. American handbag sales
* Indexes up: Dow 0.7 pct, S&P 0.7 pct, Nasdaq 1.3 pct (Updates to mid-afternoon)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.6 pct, S&P 0.7 pct, Nasdaq 0.9 pct (Updates to early afternoon)