Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS.N)
* Shares rise 8 pct (Adds comment, background, updates shares)
* To further reduce promotions next year - CEO (Adds details, CEO comments; updates shares)
* Michael Kors Executive - Capital expenditures expected to total about $250 million for fiscal 2017 - conf call
* Sees FY 2017 non-GAAP earnings per share $4.56 to $4.64 excluding items
Aug 10 Michael Kors Holdings Ltd reported a bigger-than-expected drop in quarterly comparable store sales, hurt by lower mall traffic and reduced tourist spending.
* Honorary Chairman & Chief Creative Officer Michael Kors' 2016 total compensation was $15.1 million - sec filing
* Michael Kors holdings limited announces senior management promotions
June 14 U.S. luxury fashion retailer Neiman Marcus Group Ltd LLC reported its third straight quarterly drop in sales at established stores and a nearly 81 percent fall in profit amid a slowdown in apparel spending.
June 1 Luxury goods retailer Michael Kors Holdings Ltd reported its strongest quarterly sales growth in a year on Wednesday and said it would join rival Coach Inc in aiming to prevent discounts that can result in a dilution of brand value.
* Dow down 0.15 pct, S&P down 0.1 pct, Nasdaq up 0.01 pct (Updates to early afternoon)