Kohls Corp (KSS.N)
* Avon spikes on purported offer; company denies receiving offer
* Indexes up: Dow 0.8 pct, S&P 0.7 pct, Nasdaq 0.9 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
* Shares fall as much as 11.7 pct (Adds analyst comments and graphic, update shares)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.6 pct, S&P 0.5 pct, Nasdaq 0.4 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures up: Dow 107 pts, S&P 12 pts, Nasdaq 31 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
May 14 - Department store operator Kohl's Corp reported lower-than-expected quarterly same-store sales, hurt by colder-than-usual weather in February.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, March 03 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed its ratings on Kohl's Corporation (Kohl's), including the Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'BBB+', and has revised the Rating Outlook to Stable from Negative. A full list of ratings is provided at the end of this release. KEY RATING DRIVERS The affirmation reflects the company's strong market share position as the third-largest department store retailer in the U.S., convenient off-
Feb 26 - Department store operator Kohl's Corp forecast full-year revenue above analysts' expectations and reported higher-than-expected quarterly profit and sales, helped by demand for apparel and accessories in the holiday shopping season.
Feb 26 - Department store operator Kohl's Corp reported a 10.5 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales of apparel and accessories in the holiday shopping season.
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) The Labor Department issues Consumer Price Index and weekly jobless claims data. The index is expected to have decreased 0.6 percent in January (0830/1330), while initial jobless claims are expected to have increased to 290,000 from 283,000 the previo