Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.BO)
1 Sep 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||Rs1,416,947.00|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||928.23|
MUMBAI, Sept 1 - India's NSE index surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data.
* Top arms importer forecast to spend $250 bln in next decade
Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Aby Jose Koilparambil in Bangalore)
* BSE index falls 1.02 pct; NSE ends 1.06 pct lower * NSE index closes below 50-DMA for the first time since Feb * Factory output, inflation data eyed * Hindalco falls; unit Novelis oper profit lags some estimates By Abhishek Vishnoi MUMBAI, Aug 8 - Indian shares fell 1 percent on Friday, to mark their third consecutive session of declines, as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro slumped on global risk aversion after U.S. President Barack Obama authorised targeted ai
MUMBAI - The Nifty rose on Wednesday, snapping a two-session losing streak as blue-chips such as Bharti Airtel Ltd, Lupin Ltd and Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd gained after their earnings beat estimates.
* Investors cautious ahead of the derivatives contract expiry
MUMBAI - Shares in conglomerate Larsen and Toubro slump around 7 percent on Wednesday after the company's April-June net profit, adjusted for exceptional items worth 2.49 billion rupees, missed estimates.
Reuters Market Eye - Citigroup downgrades Larsen & Toubro Ltd to "neutral" from "buy", citing "rich" valuations and says Q1 "raises multiple red flags," including lower-than-expected standalone sales and margin details.
* Citigroup downgrades Larsen & Toubro Ltd to "neutral" from "buy". * Citi cites "rich" valuations and says April-June earnings "raises multiple red flags," including lower-than-expected standalone sales and margin details. * Says earnings "were a warning that investors/analysts need to curb their enthusiasm." * Deustche Bank also downgrades L&T, to "hold" from "buy." * Deutsche cites concerns about valuations and says large order wins are in the low-margin hydrocarbons sector. * L&T falls as m
* India's NSE index falls 0.12 percent, heading for a 3rd consecutive losing session. * Larsen and Toubro Ltd slumps 6.8 percent after April-June quarter earnings And comments that conditions in the domestic market are still sluggish. * Hindustan Unilever Ltd falls 0.9 percent on profit-taking after a 3.5 percent gain on Monday. * But Bharti Airtel gains 5.7 percent to its highest in nearly two years after its earnings. * Asian shares touched a six-and-half-year peak ahead of Fed meeting o