Lonmin PLC (LMI.L)
17 Apr 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£1,622.61|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||569.45|
* Lonmin says survey shows workers want strike over (Adds background, details, quotes)
* Lonmin asks workers to take leave, sees protracted stoppage
* No end in sight to strike (Adds COSATU comment, details)
* Amplats, Lonmin, Impala Platinum mines hit by same strike
CAPE TOWN, Feb 4 - Higher stocks than usual are helping South African platinum producer Lonmin to cope with mining strikes that are paralising its production, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
* Q1 mined output falls on fatality, stoppages, weak prices
* Week-long strike set to go on in Africa's largest economy
LONDON, Jan 30 - Miner Lonmin posted an increase in quarterly refined platinum production on Thursday but said it will have to reassess its guidance for the year due to a mining strike in South Africa which is disrupting production.
PRETORIA, Jan 29 - Government-brokered talks between the world's top three platinum producers and South Africa's striking AMCU union continued on Wednesday as miners gathered for a rally near Lonmin's Marikana operation.
MARIKANA, South Africa, Jan 23 - South African mines producing half the world's platinum shut down on Thursday as the sector's main union began a strike for hefty wage hikes their employers say they cannot pay.