Lonmin PLC (LMI.L)
LONDON, June 26 - Shares in London-listed platinum producer Lonmin dropped to their lowest level in 3-1/2 months on Friday, after an inquiry into the killing of 34 miners during a 2012 strike put some of the blame on the company.
** Platinum miner down c.4 pct, one of the top percentage losers on the FTSE mid-cap index
LONDON, June 12 - Shares in Lonmin fell by 5 percent on Friday and were set for their biggest weekly loss in almost three months after Glencore handed over its stake to its shareholders this week, highlighting investor concern over South Africa's troubled platinum sector.
* Union talking to platinum firm Lonmin over job cuts (Adds comment from companies)
* At Glencore Plc's AGM on 7 may 2015 resolution to approve a distribution in specie of company's holding in Lonmin Plc was passed Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Delays development of K4 mine shaft (Adds CEO comments, details on plan to withstand weak prices)
* 30 pct of South African platinum sector losing money -Citi (Adds mine minister, analyst comment)
JOHANNESBURG, May 8 - South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) said on Friday it was shocked by platinum producer Lonmin's plan to cut 3,500 jobs at mines in the country and said it would fight the decision.
* Industry has also been hit by strikes (Repeats to add additional reporting line. No change to story text.)
LONDON, May 7 - Glencore's shareholders have voted in favour of the proposed divestment of the company's 23.9 percent stake in platinum producer Lonmin through a share distribution to Glencore shareholders.