Lonmin PLC (LMI.L)
22 May 2015
* Union talking to platinum firm Lonmin over job cuts (Adds comment from companies)
* At Glencore Plc's AGM on 7 may 2015 resolution to approve a distribution in specie of company's holding in Lonmin Plc was passed Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Delays development of K4 mine shaft (Adds CEO comments, details on plan to withstand weak prices)
* 30 pct of South African platinum sector losing money -Citi (Adds mine minister, analyst comment)
JOHANNESBURG, May 8 - South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) said on Friday it was shocked by platinum producer Lonmin's plan to cut 3,500 jobs at mines in the country and said it would fight the decision.
* Industry has also been hit by strikes (Repeats to add additional reporting line. No change to story text.)
LONDON, May 7 - Glencore's shareholders have voted in favour of the proposed divestment of the company's 23.9 percent stake in platinum producer Lonmin through a share distribution to Glencore shareholders.
* Gary Nagle and Paul Smith, have resigned and will cease to be directors of company with effect from close of business on 8 May 2015
LONDON, March 3 - A 15 percent rise in earnings at Glencore's trading division partially offset a hit last year from the slide in commodity prices, leaving the mining company's core profit just two percent lower.
* CEO still confident of price recovery (Adds context, details, CEO quotes)