Lupin Ltd (LUPN.BO)
* Says receives EIR from U.S. FDA for Aurangabad, April 2017 inspection
* Says Natco, Lupin get FDA nod for generic lanthanum carbonate chewable tablets
India's largest drugmaker Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd posted a surprise quarterly loss on Friday due to one-off legal costs and pressure over prices in its largest market, the United States, casting a shadow over its growth prospects.
* Expects profit margin to improve in second-half of 2018 (Adds Managing Director comments from conference call)
* Says appoints Manju Deshbandhu Gupta as chairman Source text - http://bit.ly/2vLkapj Further company coverage:
* Says Lupin receives FDA approval for Nikita (pitavastatin) tablets
* Says approval for Rosuvastatin Calcium tablets 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg Source text - http://bit.ly/2w91bm3 Further company coverage:
* CEO says co expects to be back in strong growth in fiscal year 2019 in North America
Drugmaker Lupin Ltd said on Wednesday first quarter profit fell 59 percent, well below analysts' estimates, as regulatory hurdles and pricing pressure in the United States, its biggest overseas market, weighed.
* New nationwide tax in India, price erosion in U.S. weigh (Adds details, top exec comment, background)