John Menzies PLC (MNZS.L)
24 Aug 2016
* Exceptional items charged in period were 10.0 mln stg(2015: 6.2 mln stg) relating to a goodwill write-down (7.2 mln stg) and net transactional costs of 2.8 mln stg
LONDON, July 19 UK airport services and logistics group John Menzies has appointed Irish paper and packaging industry tycoon Dermot Smurfit as its new chairman, answering a key demand from new activist investor Shareholder Value Management (SVM).
LONDON, July 19 Britain's John Menzies said on Tuesday it had appointed paper industry executive Dermot F Smurfit as independent chairman, answering a key demand from new activist investor Shareholder Value Management (SVM).
* Company continues to evaluate "optimal structure" (Adds comment from John Menzies)
LONDON, July 4 British distribution and aviation company John Menzies must split its businesses and hire an independent chair, German activist Shareholder Value Management said on Monday.
* Notes that a significant number of votes were cast against resolution 14 and resolution 17 at agm
* Made a good start to year and is trading in line with board's expectations
* Iain Napier, chairman, has informed company of his wish to retire, in line with reduction of his other plc responsibilities
* Paula Bell, chief financial officer, has given notice of her intention to resign