Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.BO)
17 Feb 2017
* Says January total sales of 144,396 vehicles versus 113,606 vehicles last year
* Says hike in price because of commodity, transportation and admin cost
* Maruti Suzuki India says launch of VXI+ variant for WagonR Source text: (http://bit.ly/2jlyElt) Further company coverage:
(Corrects the third story in the INDIA TOP NEWS section to clarify the name of the mutual fund company as Fidelity Investments and not Fidelity Rutland Square Trust II.) To access the newsletter, click on the link: http://share.thomsonreuters.com/assets/newsletters/Indiamorning/MNC_IN_01272017.pdf If you would like to receive this newsletter via email, please register at: https://forms.thomsonreuters.com/india-morning/ FACTORS TO WATCH 10:30 am: Finance Ministe
NEW DELHI Maruti Suzuki India, the country's top-selling car maker, posted a 48 percent rise in quarterly profit as demand for its pricier vehicles such as the Brezza crossover offset a cooling of overall sales growth caused by India's demonetisation move.
* Sales volume in Q3 rose 3.5 pct from year ago period (Adds comments from company and analyst, details of earnings)
NEW DELHI, Jan 25 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd posted a 47.5 percent rise in third-quarter profit, the country's top-selling car maker said on Wednesday, helped by strong sales of its new, pricier cars and sport-utility vehicles.
* Dec quarter total income from operations 191.73 billion rupees
* Maruti Suzuki to set up a "Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing in Mehsana, Gujarat
* Says October total sales of 133,793 vehicles versus 134,209 vehicles last year