Men's Wearhouse Inc (MW.N)
7 Mar 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$2,574.51|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||47.47|
- Men's Wearhouse Inc said it was discussing a proposed merger with smaller rival Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc , after the two men's apparel retailers spent months bidding for each other.
* Men's Wearhouse says entered into non-disclosure agreement with Jos. A. Bank
Feb 28 - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Feb 28 - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Says willing to provide limited amount of due diligence
Feb 27 - Men's apparel retailer Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc rejected Men's Wearhouse Inc's revised takeover offer, calling it inadequate, but said it was willing to talk with its larger rival about a higher bid.
* S&P 500 hits intraday record; Nasdaq climbs to 14-year high
- Men's Wearhouse Inc pressed on with its bid for Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc , boosting its offer by more than 10 percent in spite of the smaller company's effort to stay independent by buying outdoor clothing retailer Eddie Bauer.
* Says could raise offer to $65.00 if allowed limited due diligence
NEW YORK, Feb 24 - U.S. stocks jumped on Monday, with the S&P 500 climbing above key resistance to a record high, as optimism over merger activity helped Wall Street erase this year's early weakness.