Nike Inc (NKE.N)
Nike Inc, the world's No. 1 footwear maker, will continue to dominate the sportswear market despite intensifying competition in North America, analysts said on Wednesday, a day after the company reported "futures orders" below estimates.
Nike Inc's future orders missed analysts' estimates for the third time in a row, as the world's largest footwear maker struggles with competition from a resurgent Adidas in North America and weakness in its basketball division.
* To stop giving futures orders in earnings release (Adds analyst comment)
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.56 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Sept 27 Nike Inc forecast future orders below analysts' estimate on a constant currency basis, in part due to weakness in its basketball category and increased competition from rival Adidas, which has continued to gain ground in North America.
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* Has signed an agreement with Niké, Slovakian operator, for integration of GIG's iGaming cloud (IGC) platform
TORONTO/NEW YORK, Aug 24 The former chairman of Performance Sports Group Ltd, Graeme Roustan, told Reuters he has hired investment banks Jefferies Group LLC and Canaccord Genuity to explore a possible bid for the troubled maker of hockey gear.
* Affiliates of Apollo Global Management and Nike Inc announce strategic partnership for apparel manufacturing in the Americas
* Soros fund management cuts share stake in abbott laboratories by 21.5% to 0.33 million shares