New World Resources Plc (NWRR.L)
4 May 2016
PRAGUE, June 8 Czech coal miner OKD, the insolvent unit of New World Resources (NWR) , urgently needs a state loan of up to 1 billion crowns ($42.1 million) to keep operating, Industry Minister Jan Mladek said on Wednesday.
PRAGUE, May 27 A Czech court has issued a preliminary injuction taking away New World Resources' control over its mining subsidiary OKD and handing it to a board of creditors, OKD said.
* OKD unit says group has not received any direct financing offers, but has three indicative offers
PRAGUE, May 23 Czech miners' unions have teamed up with lignite mine owner Pavel Tykac and another investor to make on offer for New World Resources' insolvent mining subsidiary OKD, the unions said on Monday.
* Says will meet customer obligations (Adds minister reaction, more details)
* Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka says on Twitter that he is calling ministers meeting on Wednesday morning to discuss NWR's OKD insolvency filing, help for workers is priority
PRAGUE, May 3 Czech hard coal miner New World Resources' (NWR) main business unit OKD has filed for insolvency with the aim to reorganise and maintain viable operations, OKD said on Tuesday.
* Owners AHG say ready to negotiate (Adds NWR shareholders' reaction)
* Says coal mining operations subsidiary OKD board to discuss insolvency on May 3
* Finance minister rejects "ultimatum" (Adds finance minister rejecting pressure)