New World Resources Plc (NWRR.L)
4 May 2016
PRAGUE, May 23 Czech miners' unions have teamed up with lignite mine owner Pavel Tykac and another investor to make on offer for New World Resources' insolvent mining subsidiary OKD, the unions said on Monday.
* Says will meet customer obligations (Adds minister reaction, more details)
* Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka says on Twitter that he is calling ministers meeting on Wednesday morning to discuss NWR's OKD insolvency filing, help for workers is priority
PRAGUE, May 3 Czech hard coal miner New World Resources' (NWR) main business unit OKD has filed for insolvency with the aim to reorganise and maintain viable operations, OKD said on Tuesday.
* Owners AHG say ready to negotiate (Adds NWR shareholders' reaction)
* Says coal mining operations subsidiary OKD board to discuss insolvency on May 3
* Finance minister rejects "ultimatum" (Adds finance minister rejecting pressure)
PRAGUE, April 25 Coal miner New World Resources said on Monday it was in default on part of its debt and would have to consider filing for insolvency at its main operating business unless the government and creditors agree on the firm's restructuring by Friday.
PRAGUE, April 13 Private equity investor Arca Capital, a minority shareholder in Czech coal miner New World Resources (NWR), said on Wednesday it had offered to buy NWR's main operating unit OKD.
PRAGUE, April 11 The bosses of two coal trading firms have offered to help to restructure coal miner New World Resources' (NWR) Czech operating business OKD, Industry Minister Jan Mladek said on Monday.