Ophir Energy PLC (OPHR.L)
27 Apr 2015
LONDON, March 19 - Oil explorer Ophir Energy , which completed the acquisition of rival Salamander Energy this month, returned to profit last year and said it would cut spending by $250 million over two years to deal with low oil prices.
* Salamander up after Ophir's offer to buy peer (Adds closing prices)
* Salamander up after Ophir's offer to buy peer (Adds RBS)
(Adds Halliburton, African Minerals, Royal Bank of Canada)
* Offer values Salamander at about 267 mln stg at Thursday's close
* Salamander up after Ophir's offer to buy peer (Adds China cut, miners, comments)
LONDON, Nov 21 - Britain's top share index climbed higher on Friday heading for a fifth straight week of gains, with energy stocks leading the market on speculation that OPEC could agree to output cuts at its meeting next week.
Nov 21 - British oil and gas explorer Ophir Energy Plc offered to buy peer Salamander Energy Plc in an all-stock transaction, the companies said in a joint statement on Friday.
- Canada's Niko Resources Ltd said it was evaluating plans for its oil and gas assets in India, citing uncertainty related to the outlook for natural gas prices in the country.