Ophir Energy PLC (OPHR.L)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£770.99|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||578.42|
* Salamander up after Ophir's offer to buy peer (Adds closing prices)
* Salamander up after Ophir's offer to buy peer (Adds RBS)
(Adds Halliburton, African Minerals, Royal Bank of Canada)
* Offer values Salamander at about 267 mln stg at Thursday's close
* Salamander up after Ophir's offer to buy peer (Adds China cut, miners, comments)
LONDON, Nov 21 - Britain's top share index climbed higher on Friday heading for a fifth straight week of gains, with energy stocks leading the market on speculation that OPEC could agree to output cuts at its meeting next week.
Nov 21 - British oil and gas explorer Ophir Energy Plc offered to buy peer Salamander Energy Plc in an all-stock transaction, the companies said in a joint statement on Friday.
- Canada's Niko Resources Ltd said it was evaluating plans for its oil and gas assets in India, citing uncertainty related to the outlook for natural gas prices in the country.
(Adds Amazon, Hess, Dolby Laboratories, Numericable; updates Chiquita Brands, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, GE Capital, BHP Billiton)
(Corrects word in paragraph 5 to walk away, from talk away)