Pearson PLC (PSON.L)
23 Jul 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£9,034.20|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||819.06|
* As expected, our first-half adjusted operating profit and adjusted eps will be lower this year than in 2013, primarily reflecting outlook given at our full-year results
- Barnes & Noble Inc said it would spin off its Nook tablets and college books business, letting go of the loss-making Nook e-reader business to focus on its book stores.
* Expects full-year bookstore sales to drop in low-single digits
June 25 - Bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc reported a smaller quarterly loss and said it would separate its retail and Nook Media businesses, sending its shares up about 9 percent.
SEOUL - South Koreans elect new local representatives on Wednesday in elections widely seen as a barometer of President Park Geun-hye's response to a ferry disaster in April that killed more than 300 people, most of them children from the same school.
SEOUL, June 2 - South Koreans elect new local representatives on Wednesday in elections widely seen as a barometer of President Park Geun-hye's response to a ferry disaster in April that killed more than 300 people, most of them children from the same school.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc may take its $49.44 billion takeover bid for Botox-maker Allergan Inc directly to the target company's shareholders, Valeant Chief Executive Michael Pearson said on Wednesday.
- London Stock Exchange Group Plc has entered exclusive talks to buy U.S.-based asset manager and stock index provider Russell Investments, in an estimated $3 billion deal that would allow the bourse operator to increase its U.S. presence.
(Recasts, adds detail, background, Northwestern Mutual comment, analyst comment)
For news about this issuer, double click on the issuer RIC,