Pearson PLC (PSON.L)
* But Barclays jumps after results (Adds details, closing prices)
* Shares fall 10 pct (Adds CFO, analyst comment; updates shares)
July 29 Pearson Plc, the world's biggest education company that is struggling with a downturn, said it could potentially surpass its previous full-year adjusted operating profit guidance, if current currency exchange rates persisted.
* Is trading in-line with expectations set in February and is reiterating 2016 guidance
July 14 Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc :
* Former Valeant CEO Pearson sold nearly 5 million Valeant shares and options for $96.8 million - CNBC Source text: (http://cnb.cx/29XOtj4) Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
June 9 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 20 points, or 0.3 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down about 0.25 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
June 9 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 20 points, or 0.3 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on * The UK blue chip index closed up 16.99 points, or 0.3 percent, at 6,285.21 points on Wednesday, with a recovery in commodities prices underpinning basic resources and energy stocks. * VODAFONE: Britain's Vodafone Group Plc on Thursday announced an effective takeover of leadin
SAO PAULO, June 8 Pearson Plc is looking at several possible acquisitions in Brazil amid a wave of merger talks, an executive told Reuters, as the British education company aims to take advantage of a favorable exchange rate in a market where it is fast expanding.
* Under separation agreement with former CEO pearson, he will provide consulting services to company through december 31, 2017