Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS.L)
24 Feb 2017
LONDON Royal Bank of Scotland reported a sharp rise in losses on Friday as higher misconduct charges and restructuring costs underscored the challenges facing the lender nine years after it was bailed out in the world's biggest bank rescue. | Video
* Miners drop on China demand concerns (Adds closing prices, detail, analysts)
LONDON, Feb 24 Britain's top share index hit a two-week low on Friday and was on track for a weekly loss after three straight weeks of gains, with falls in lenders like Standard Chartered and RBS after their results pressuring the wider market.
* Says 2017 will probably be last year of losses (Adds shares, CEO quote)
MILAN, Feb 24 Live coverage of European markets now available on cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* Rbs CEO says there will be further job losses as bank targets 2 billion stg cost cuts over next 4 years
* Mark Seligman has been appointed as a non-executive director of rbs with effect from April 1, 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
* The group bonus pool has fallen from 373 million stg in 2015 to 343 million stg in 2016, a reduction of 8 percent
LONDON, Feb 24 Royal Bank of Scotland reported on Friday a sharp rise in losses as higher misconduct charges and restructuring costs underscored the challenges facing the lender nine years after it required the world's biggest bank bailout.
* Royal bank of scotland group 2016 conduct and litigation charges 5.9 billion stg