Rexam PLC (REX.L)
27 Feb 2015
Feb 19 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2115 GMT on Thursday:
- U.S. drinks can maker Ball Corp agreed to buy British rival Rexam Plc in a sweetened 4.43 billion pounds ($6.9 billion) deal, creating an industry giant that can better manage capital spending and costs as aluminum premiums rise. | Video
* Ball to remain U.S. domiciled for tax (Adds Ball and analyst comments, context, updates shares)
** British drinks can maker Rexam jumps 6.4 pct, after saying U.S. rival Ball Corp offered to buy the company in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about 4.43 bln pounds ($6.85 bln)
* Announced terms of a recommended offer by ball to acquire all of outstanding shares of rexam in a cash and stock transaction
Feb 19 - British drinks can maker Rexam Plc said U.S. rival Ball Corp had made a cash-and-stock offer that valued the company at about 4.43 billion pounds ($6.85 billion).
Feb 18 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1400 GMT on Wednesday:
- Beverage can maker Ball Corp is close to a deal to buy UK-based Rexam Plc this week, according to people familiar with the matter, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Feb 18 - Beverage can maker Ball Corp is close to a deal to buy UK-based Rexam Plc this week, according to people familiar with the matter, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- British drinks can maker Rexam Plc said it is in talks to be bought by U.S. rival Ball Corp for 4.3 billion pounds ($6.6 billion), a deal that would form an industry giant better equipped to withstand rising aluminum costs.