Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
24 Apr 2015
* Minas Rio currently breaking even after capital-CEO (Adds CEO, chairman comments)
DALANZADGAD, Mongolia, April 22 - Rio Tinto committed on Wednesday to spending $5 million a year to help resolve conflicts with nomadic herders and water problems that have stoked political opposition to the expansion of a huge copper mine in Mongolia's South Gobi desert.
* Rio Tinto keeps full-year target to ship 350 million tonnes
* Rio Tinto keeps full-year target to ship 350 million tonnes * Spot iron ore not far above a 10-year low By Manolo Serapio Jr SINGAPORE, April 21 - Iron ore futures in China slipped for a second session on Tuesday, reflecting persistent pressure from a well supplied market as Chinese steel mills limit inventories of the raw material on expectations prices would fall further. Weaker futures could pressure benchmark spot prices that are trading not far above a decade lo
* Still expects to ship around 350 mln tonnes iron ore in 2015 (Recasts, adds investor comment)
SYDNEY, April 21 - Rio Tinto on Tuesday posted a sharp rise in quarterly iron ore output amid a push to capture more of the global market despite a mounting supply glut driving ore prices to 10-year lows.
LONDON, April 16 - Rio Tinto, the world's second largest mining company, warned of "continued bumps" in its key iron ore market and vowed to stay focused on slashing costs to be the last man standing at a tough time for the sector.
LONDON, April 16 - Rio Tinto's iron ore cost of production has fallen from an average of $19.50 a tonne in 2014 to around $17 so far this year, the head of the world's second-largest mining company said on Thursday.
SYDNEY, April 14 - Australian shares fell 0.2 percent on Tuesday as investors backed away from testing 6,000 points on the benchmark index, selling mining stocks like BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto amid a slump in iron ore prices.
* Consumer sentiment sluggish (Adds quotes, stocks on the move)