Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£65,064.69|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,849.61|
(Repeats item issued earlier with no change to text) Clyde Russell is a Reuters columnist. The views expressed are his own.
Clyde Russell is a Reuters columnist. The views expressed are his own.
* Has entered into an agreement with Kestrel Coal Pty Ltd, and its Kestrel mine joint venturers, relating to provision of information in respect of Kestrel coal mine in Queensland, Australia
* Rio Tinto in early stages of talks with Bougainville government
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro passed its first 2016 Olympics test with the end of an international sailing regatta on Guanabara Bay, one of the most heavily criticized venues in a city under attack for disorganization and construction delays.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug 14 - Rio de Janeiro passed its first 2016 Olympics test with the end of an international sailing regatta on Guanabara Bay, one of the most heavily criticised venues in a city under attack for disorganisation and construction delays.
* Low prices driving sales despite weak steel demand growth
* UK shares up 1.8 pct vs FTSE down 0.3 pct (adds comments from CEO on Oyu Tolgoi, Simandou)
* Final decision on project will be after feasibility study
LONDON, Aug 7 - Britain's top shares slipped on Thursday, led down by bottler Coca-Cola HBC and insurer Old Mutual on sobering results, although strong earnings from Rio Tinto gave the market some support.