RSA Insurance Group PLC (RSA.L)
23 Mar 2017
* Announces tender offers to purchase certain outstanding notes
* May issue perpetual restricted tier 1 contingent convertible notes in regulation s registered format in 1 or more Scandinavian currencies Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON Forecast-beating 2016 results show British insurer RSA can thrive on its own, two years after rival Zurich Insurance walked away from a bid, it said on Thursday.
* CEO says no bids on the table, company doesn't need one (Recasts with additional CEO comments, updates share price)
LONDON, Feb 23 European shares steadied near a 14-month high on Thursday, with a rally in stocks of companies like Barclays and RSA following their positive updates offsetting some weaker firms including Technicolor and Veolia.
* Chief executive stephen hester says ~customers have benefited "significantly" from rsa not having been sold to zurich insurance
Feb 23 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 4 points higher, or up 0.05 percent on Thursday, according to Financial spreadbetters, with futures up 0.06 percent ahead of the cash market open.
LONDON, Feb 23 Insurer RSA posted a 25 percent rise in 2016 operating profit to an above-forecast 655 million pounds ($814.49 million) due to strong performance in most of its core businesses, and raised its target for return on equity.
* Record underwriting profit and combined ratio (£380m, up 73%, 94.2% versus 96.9%)
LONDON, Feb 8 British insurer RSA has strengthened its capital base above its target range with a deal to dispose of a book of mainly asbestos-related insurance policies, the firm's chief financial officer said on Wednesday.