RSA Insurance Group PLC (RSA.L)
27 Nov 2015
* Says expects to meet or exceed financial targets in 2016 (Adds analyst comment, detail, shares)
* RSA not looking for deal, will act in shareholders' interests
LONDON, Nov 5 British insurer RSA 's underlying premium income rose by 1 percent in the first nine months of 2015, it said on Thursday, calling Zurich Insurance's abandoned bid for the company a "distraction" in the third quarter.
Nine month results at rsa show strong positive momentum, with q3 profit trends well above 2014 and improving again on those reported for first half
* In three months to September 2015, group increased turnover by 6.7 pct
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks ended higher on Monday, rebounding from losses late last week with help from Apple and financial shares, but a drop in biotech shares limited the advance.
* Shire gains after European drug approval (Updates prices at close)
* Says remains on lookout for acquisitions, reiterates targets
ZURICH, Sept 21 Zurich Insurance will likely hit the lower end of its mid-term financial targets and remains on the lookout for acquisitions, it said on Monday after abandoning a bid for British insurer RSA amid losses from an explosion in China and its U.S. auto liability business.
LONDON, Sept 21 A slump in the share prices of carmaker Volkswagen and insurer RSA held back European stock markets on Monday, with major regional indexes making only minor progress.