Banco Santander SA (SAN.N)
27 Oct 2016
* CEO Jose Antonio Alvarez says will not change fees in the flagship 123 account in Spain Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Madrid newsroom)
* Says expects net interest income (NII) to fall in Spain in next few quarters
* Shares up 1.2 pct, hit six-month high (Adds details, analyst, share price)
MADRID, Oct 26 Spain's Banco Santander on Wednesday posted a 1 percent rise in third-quarter net profit from a year earlier, above analysts' forecasts and helped by strong business in its key Brazilian market.
Citigroup agreed to sell its consumer business in Argentina to Banco Santander Rio for an undisclosed amount, a day after it sold some of its Brazilian retail banking assets to Itaú Unibanco Holding SA .
Oct 9 Citigroup agreed to sell its consumer business in Argentina to Banco Santander Rio, for an undisclosed amount.
* Santander shares down 3.4 pct in weaker bank sector (Adds details on core markets, analyst comment)
* Says cuts return on tangible equity ratio target (ROTE) for Spain in 2018 to 13 percent from the 14 percent set out in the previous strategy plan
MADRID, Sept 30 Spain's Banco Santander said on Friday it had trimmed its profitability targets for 2018 to just above 11 percent by 2018 in a business environment it described as "significantly worse" than last year.
MADRID, Sept 29 Banco Santander is expected to adopt more conservative targets in Britain to reflect the immediate impact of the Brexit vote when the Spanish bank updates investors on its strategy on Friday.
|Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.MC)||€6.61||--|