Banco Santander SA (SAN.N)
22 May 2015
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) BARCELONA, May 22 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Spain-based Banco Santander, S.A.'s (Santander) and Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria's (BBVA) Long-term Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at 'A-' and Viability Ratings (VRs) at 'a-'. The Outlook on their Long-term IDRs is Stable. At the same time, Fitch has affirmed these banks' Short-term IDRs at 'F2', Support Ratings (SRs) at '5' and Support Rating Floors (SRFs) at 'No Floor'. A ful
* Said on Wednesday it had placed 8.56 percent of NH Hotel Group SA on behalf of Banco Santander SA at 5.10 euros per share, 153 million euros ($170 million) in total Source text for Eikon:
* Accelerated bookbuilding on NH Hotels is on behalf of Banco Santander
MADRID, April 28 - Santander on Tuesday showed the benefits of a drive to boost lending across its main markets, which helped the bank to produce a 32 percent jump in first-quarter profits.
April 28 - Banco Santander SA Chief Executive Jose Antonio Alvarez:
MADRID, April 28 - The euro zone's biggest bank Santander on Tuesday reported a 32 percent rise in first-quarter profit from a year earlier, boosted by rising net earnings from loans and a drop in bad debt charges.
* bank expects to complete deal with Santander on asset management units by end of the year Further company coverage: (Reporting by Milan newsroom)
MILAN - UniCredit and Banco Santander agreed on Thursday to merge their asset management businesses in a deal valuing the new group at some 5.4 billion euros ($5.8 billion).
- UniCredit and Santander have agreed to merge their asset management businesses in a deal where the Spanish bank will have no direct involvement in the new group's U.S. operations, three sources close to the matter said.
* Santander to have stake in sub-holding company- sources (Adds detail, background)
|Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.MC)||€9.10||-0.19|