Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||€95,422.80|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,326.97|
* Ceo olivier bohuon declines to comment on any interest in sanofi CEO role Further company coverage:
* Shares up almost 4 percent (Adds analysts, details on Tresiba, updates shares)
PARIS, Oct 30 - Events at Sanofi this week cost a high-flying German-Canadian boss his job and global investors billions. They are also a reminder that corporate France carries the national interest in its DNA, and neglects its family duties at its peril.
* Chairman Weinberg cites poor relations between CEO, board
Editor: Malcolm Davidson +44 20 7542 6958
PARIS - A boardroom tussle brewing for months at Sanofi came to a head on Wednesday when France's top drugmaker fired its chief executive, wiping more billions off its share price.
* Viehbacher wanted free hand to steer company (Recasts with eviction of CEO, Weinberg quotes, background)
PARIS - Sanofi's board ousted its chief executive of six years at a special meeting on Wednesday, two days after it emerged he had fallen out with the French drugmaker's chairman, wiping more billions off its market value.
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.3 pct, Euro STOXX 50 up 0.1 pct * Fugro tumbles 21 pct after saying it won't pay dividend * STMicro drops after warning on revenue By Blaise Robinson PARIS, Oct 29 - European stocks inched higher early on Wednesday, tracking sharp gains on Wall Street ahead of a U.S. Federal Reserve policy announcement. At 0900 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.3 percent at 1,321.07 points, led by miners including Rio Tinto and
PARIS, Oct 29 - European shares rose early on Wednesday, tracking sharp gains on Wall Street ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's latest policy announcement.