State Bank of India (SBI.BO)
28 Aug 2015
* Says to issue preferential shares to government worth up to 53.93 billion Indian rupees ($816.41 million) Source text for Eikon: http://bit.ly/1V79t4g Further company coverage: ($1 = 66.0576 Indian rupees)
MUMBAI - State Bank of India (SBI) expects pressure from struggling borrowers to ease as the economy recovers after the strain on India's smaller firms pushed its bad debts higher in the three months to June.
* Bank sees pressure easing as economy recovers (Recasts, adds management comment)
* Exec says main slippages are in retail area, mid corporate slippages under control
* China's move to devalue its currency weighs on global markets
MUMBAI, Aug 11 - State Bank of India (SBI) , the nation's biggest lender by assets, said net profit rose 10.2 percent in the fiscal first quarter, beating analyst estimates, as bad loan provisions fell.
HONG KONG, July 31 - The Hong Kong central bank has fined State Bank of India's Hong Kong branch HK$7.5 million ($1 million) for breaching the city's antimoney laundering and counter terrorist financing rules, the regulator said on Friday.
SINGAPORE, June 4 (IFR) - State Bank of India, rated Baa3/BBB-/BBB-, is planning a return to the US dollar bond market soon. The lender is likely to mandate six to seven banks on a potential offering next week, sources aware of the situation told IFR.
MUMBAI - State Bank of India (SBI), the nation's top lender by assets, said on Tuesday it would cut its base lending rate by 15 basis points to 9.7 percent effective June 8 after the central bank cut its key policy rate for the third time this year.
* State Bank of India to cut base rate by 25 bps effective June 8