Sports Direct International PLC (SPD.L)
23 Sep 2016
* Stock rises 2.3 pct (Adds detail, background, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON, Sept 23 Britain's Sports Direct, the retailer trying to mend its battered image, named its billionaire founder and controlling shareholder Mike Ashley as chief executive after Dave Forsey resigned, it said on Friday.
* Investor Forum response to sports direct independent review
LONDON, Sept 20 British retailer Sports Direct said it will order an independent inquiry into its working practices and corporate governance, responding to demand from somes shareholders as it seeks to repair its battered image.
* Profit driven by strong sales in sports fashion (Adds CFO quotes, analyst comments, updates shares)
LONDON, Sept 9 Sports Direct's board and major shareholders in the troubled British retailer held "constructive" talks as they sought to rebuild trust after a stormy annual meeting, a group representing 15 percent of the company's shares said on Friday.
* Confirms chaired a constructive meeting between major shareholders and board of Sports Direct following open day Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Intends to continue with its share buyback programme, purpose of which is to reduce its share capital.
* Shares down 9 percent (Repeats to add link to BREAKINGVIEWS story. No change to text)
* 18.98 pct of votes at AGM against resolution to re-elect Keith Hellawell as a director of company