Sports Direct International PLC (SPD.L)
2 Dec 2016
Nov 29 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
LONDON, Oct 13 Sports Direct said its acting chief financial officer was leaving to take a new job, the second management change in less than a month when the British retailer's profit is plunging and it is trying to mend its battered image.
* Shares fall up to 13 pct, down 54 pct this year (Adds detail, background)
LONDON, Oct 7 Struggling British retailer Sports Direct said the sharp fall in the value of the pound overnight could dent its full-year earnings forecast by 35 million pounds ($43.6 million) in the latest downgrade to its guidance.
* If GBP/USD rate is 1.20 on average for remainder of fy17, then negative impact on company's fy17 underlying ebitda expectation would be in order of a further £20m
* Stock rises 2.3 pct (Adds detail, background, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON, Sept 23 Britain's Sports Direct, the retailer trying to mend its battered image, named its billionaire founder and controlling shareholder Mike Ashley as chief executive after Dave Forsey resigned, it said on Friday.
* Investor Forum response to sports direct independent review
LONDON, Sept 20 British retailer Sports Direct said it will order an independent inquiry into its working practices and corporate governance, responding to demand from somes shareholders as it seeks to repair its battered image.
* Profit driven by strong sales in sports fashion (Adds CFO quotes, analyst comments, updates shares)