St. Jude Medical Inc (STJ.N)
- Drugmaker Abbott Laboratories , knocking down a report in the Financial Times, denied on Thursday that it was preparing a bid for medical device maker St Jude Medical Inc .
Aug 27 - Drugmaker Abbott Laboratories told Reuters on Thursday it was not pursuing an offer to buy medical device maker St Jude Medical Inc.
Aug 27 - Drugmaker Abbott Laboratories is preparing a bid for St Jude Medical Inc that would value the medical device maker at about $25 billion, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.48 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.87 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
- St. Jude Medical Inc agreed to buy smaller rival Thoratec Corp for about $3.4 billion, giving it more devices for patients with the highest risk of heart failure.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.42 pct, S&P 0.22 pct, Nasdaq 0.70 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.12 pct, S&P 0.26 pct, Nasdaq 0.84 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures down: Dow 75 pts, S&P 11 pts, Nasdaq 67 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
July 22 - Heart device maker St. Jude Medical Inc said it would buy smaller rival Thoratec Corp for $3.4 billion.
July 21 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday: