St. Jude Medical Inc (STJ.N)
30 Jul 2015
* Indexes down: Dow 0.48 pct, S&P 0.34 pct, Nasdaq 0.87 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
- St. Jude Medical Inc agreed to buy smaller rival Thoratec Corp for about $3.4 billion, giving it more devices for patients with the highest risk of heart failure.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.42 pct, S&P 0.22 pct, Nasdaq 0.70 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
* Indexes down: Dow 0.12 pct, S&P 0.26 pct, Nasdaq 0.84 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures down: Dow 75 pts, S&P 11 pts, Nasdaq 67 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
July 22 - Heart device maker St. Jude Medical Inc said it would buy smaller rival Thoratec Corp for $3.4 billion.
July 21 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
- Heart device maker St. Jude Medical Inc is in talks to buy smaller rival Thoratec Corp , Bloomberg reported, citing sources familiar with the matter.
* Indexes down: Dow 1.14 pct, S&P 0.46 pct, Nasdaq 0.23 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it approved a brain implant from St. Jude Medical Inc that helps reduce symptoms of Parkinson's disease and essential tremor, a neurological disorder that causes rhythmic shaking.