Savills PLC (SVS.L)
* Against a backdrop which remains broadly supportive of global property markets, anticipate that performance will continue to be in line with expectations
* "We expect much of deferred demand from pre-election period to flow back into prime market over remainder of 2015 and 2016"
* Proposed acquisition of Smiths Gore builds scale of Savills UK's rural business
March 19 - International estate agent Savills Plc posted a 21 percent rise in pretax profit for 2014, helped by a record performance in Britain, led by London, and its acquisition of U.S. group Studley in May.
* Following transaction, combined business will be re-branded savills investment management Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Underlying group profit before tax* up 34% to £100.5m, £104.3m in constant currency, (2013: £75.2m)
* SEB divests its German real estate investment management business
* Shares open 8.1 percent higher after raising 2014 profit guidance Further company coverage: (London Equities Newsroom)
* Today announced that it has acquired remaining 75 pct it did not own in Scalable Video System GmbH (SVS)
HONG KONG - When Xi Jinping wanted to deliver a political message to Hong Kong as protesters demanding free elections were threatening to take to the streets, he summoned the tycoons who dominate the city’s economy. The words from the Chinese leader at the September 22 meeting in Beijing were uncompromising but not surprising. He would not entertain any demand for full universal suffrage in Hong Kong, according to two people who attended.