Supervalu Inc (SVU.N)
17 Jan 2017
* Q3 adjusted earnings per share $0.05 from continuing operations
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.10 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Oct 17 Food retailer and wholesaler Supervalu Inc said it will sell its Save-A-Lot business to Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp for $1.37 billion rather than spinning off the discount grocery chain as previously planned, the companies said on Monday.
Supervalu Inc said it would sell its Save-A-Lot business to Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp for $1.37 billion, more than a year after making public plans to spin off the discount grocery chain.
* Supervalu Inc - expects to use net proceeds from sale to prepay at least $750 million against its outstanding term loan balance
Oct 17 Supervalu Inc said it would sell its Save-A-Lot business to Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp for $1.37 billion, more than a year after saying it was considering a spinoff of the discount grocery chain.
* Agreed to acquire Save-A-Lot business ("save-a-lot") from Supervalu Inc. ("supervalu") for $1.365 billion
Sept 29 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
Private equity firm Onex Corp has made the best acquisition offer in an auction for Save-A-Lot, the discount grocery U.S. retail chain that Supervalu Inc has been considering divesting, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Indexes down: Dow 2.1 pct, S&P 2.5 pct, Nasdaq 2.5 pct (Updates to close)