Syngenta AG (SYNN.VX)
18 Jun 2013
|Market Cap (Mil.):||CHF33,876.53|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||93.13|
* Commission says it will impose ban anyway in coming weeks
* Says on track to meet 2020 goal of sales of $25 billion
ZURICH, April 18 - Syngenta AG, the world's largest maker of crop chemicals, said strong fungicide sales in Latin America helped it shrug off the cold winter in the northern hemisphere to post solid first-quarter sales.
ZURICH - Syngenta and Bayer, top producers of the pesticides blamed for a sharp fall in bee populations around the world, have proposed a plan to support bee health to try to forestall a European Union ban on the products.
* Campaigners say put bees before profits from pesticides (Adds reaction from European Commission, campaigners Avaaz)
ZURICH, March 28 - Syngenta and Bayer , leading global producers of neonicotinoid pesticides blamed for a sharp fall in bee populations around the world, have proposed an action plan to help unlock a European Union stalemate on bee health.
* Lifts dividend to 9.50 Sfr per share from 8 Sfr a year ago
ZURICH, Feb 6 - Syngenta, the world's largest agrochemicals company, said it will hike its dividend 19 percent after strong sales helped it post full-year net profit that beat expectations.
* Makes exception for 2013 maize crops (Adds background, Syngenta comments)
* No link found between pesticides and bee colony collapse