Tyson Foods Inc (TSN.N)
9 Dec 2016
CHICAGO Tyson Foods Inc has launched a $150 million venture capital fund that will target investments in companies commercializing meat substitutes, deepening the largest U.S. chicken producer's foray into alternative sources of protein.
CHICAGO Pilgrim's Pride Corp, the world's second-largest chicken producer, will approach a goal it set to curb antibiotics use ahead of schedule due to its planned acquisition of a smaller rival, the company's chief executive said on Wednesday.
* Tyson Foods Inc - CEO Tom Hayes' contract provides for, among other things, an annual base salary of $1.2 million - SEC filing
* Indexes up: Dow 0.5 pct, S&P 500 0.8 pct, Nasdaq 0.9 pct (Updates close with Japan earthquake)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.5 pct, S&P 0.8 pct, Nasdaq 0.9 pct (Updates to close)
Nov 21 Tyson Foods Inc shares tumbled more than 14 percent on Monday after the nation's biggest meat processor forecast lower-than-expected 2017 profit and said well-regarded Chief Executive Officer Donnie Smith would step down at the end of the year.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.4 pct, S&P 0.6 pct, Nasdaq 0.8 pct (Updates to late afternoon, adds dateline)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.28 pct, S&P 0.56 pct, Nasdaq 0.66 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.19 pct, S&P 0.41 pct, Nasdaq 0.42 pct (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
Wall Street looked set to open higher on Monday, with the three major indexes hovering near record levels, supported by higher oil prices and the lingering effects of the post-election rally.
|Conagra Brands Inc (CAG.N)||$38.44||+0.76|
|Kellogg Company (K.N)||$73.11||+1.02|
|Hormel Foods Corp (HRL.N)||$34.39||+0.30|
|Campbell Soup Company (CPB.N)||$59.11||+0.83|
|Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC.OQ)||$19.15||+0.85|
|McCormick & Company, Incorporated (MKC.N)||$92.43||+1.01|
|McCormick & Company, Incorporated (MKCv.N)||$92.21||+0.71|
|Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM.N)||$46.56||+0.59|
|Dean Foods Co (DF.N)||$20.90||+0.80|
|Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM.OQ)||$89.30||+3.92|