TUI Travel PLC (TT.L)
21 Nov 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£5,200.17|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,217.55|
HANOVER Germany/LONDON - Shareholders in both German travel and tourism group TUI AG and British travel group TUI Travel on Tuesday approved the pair's plans to merge.
* 99.85 pct of TUI AG shareholders vote in favour of merger
LONDON, Oct 28 - Shareholders in British travel company TUI Travel on Tuesday voted in favour of the company's plans to merge with German travel company TUI AG , joining TUI AG's shareholders in approving the deal.
* Reached agreement on terms of a recommended all-share nil-premium merger of TUI Travel and Tui AG, to be implemented by way of a scheme of arrangement of TUI Travel under part 26 of Companies Act 2006
* TUI travel wishes to clarify certain comments attributed to Peter Long in today's Financial Times article on merger
* Says synergies from planned merger with TUI Travel now seen at 170 million eur versus previously 100 million
LONDON, Oct 15 - British tour operator TUI Travel has agreed to pump millions of pounds into its Russian joint venture to help ease the impact of challenging trading conditions.
* To provide new investment of up to 15.3 mln stg ($24.5 mln) and a new guarantee of 3 mln stg ($4.9 mln) for its TUI Russia & CIS joint venture with S-Group
(Recasts to add CEO comments on Russia, adds details, share) price)
LONDON, Oct 2 - British tour operator TUI Travel said it would deliver full-year underlying operating profit growth of at least 9 percent, in line with its target, after selling at higher-than-average prices over the summer 2014 trading period.