TUI Travel PLC (TT.L)
28 Nov 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£5,275.65|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,217.55|
LONDON, Nov 26 - British holiday company Thomas Cook defended its decision to replace Chief Executive Harriet Green on Wednesday after the abrupt departure of the woman credited with reviving the business hammered its shares.
HANOVER Germany/LONDON - Shareholders in both German travel and tourism group TUI AG and British travel group TUI Travel on Tuesday approved the pair's plans to merge.
* 99.85 pct of TUI AG shareholders vote in favour of merger
LONDON, Oct 28 - Shareholders in British travel company TUI Travel on Tuesday voted in favour of the company's plans to merge with German travel company TUI AG , joining TUI AG's shareholders in approving the deal.
* Reached agreement on terms of a recommended all-share nil-premium merger of TUI Travel and Tui AG, to be implemented by way of a scheme of arrangement of TUI Travel under part 26 of Companies Act 2006
* TUI travel wishes to clarify certain comments attributed to Peter Long in today's Financial Times article on merger
* Says synergies from planned merger with TUI Travel now seen at 170 million eur versus previously 100 million
LONDON, Oct 15 - British tour operator TUI Travel has agreed to pump millions of pounds into its Russian joint venture to help ease the impact of challenging trading conditions.
* To provide new investment of up to 15.3 mln stg ($24.5 mln) and a new guarantee of 3 mln stg ($4.9 mln) for its TUI Russia & CIS joint venture with S-Group
(Recasts to add CEO comments on Russia, adds details, share) price)