Unite Group PLC (UTG.L)
* Unite students accommodation fund ('usaf') acquires property under development in durham
* FY adjusted EPRA earnings up 24 pct to £61.3 million or 27.7p (2015: £49.5 million, 23.1p)
* The site, in Manchester city centre, is located near to the University of Manchester and is anticipated to provide a home for around 450 students
LONDON, Feb 21 The head of Britain's biggest trade union Unite said on Tuesday he will seek assurances from the chief executive of PSA Carlos Tavares that it will maintain jobs and keep plants in Britain open during a meeting on Friday.
BERLIN/LONDON Initial talks between the German government and carmakers PSA and General Motors have led to some encouraging signs that jobs at Opel factories will be preserved, though no guarantees have been made yet, a top official said on Monday. | Video
LONDON, Feb 20 The head of Britain's biggest trade union Unite is likely to meet the CEO of Peugeot on Friday in London to discuss the potential takeover of General Motors' European operations, a trade union source told Reuters.
* Says proceeds will be used to fund Unite's recent 3,100 bed on-campus acquisition at Aston Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
Feb 10 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1430 GMT on Friday:
Feb 10 Unite Students, the student accommodation unit of Unite Group Plc, and Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC have bought Birmingham-based student housing provider Aston Student Village for 227 million pounds ($283 million).
* Acquires 3,067 bed Aston Student Village for £227 million in first major on-campus acquisition with GIC Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (London Newsroom)