Unite Group PLC (UTG.L)
26 May 2017
* Announces acquisition of two properties under development and disposal of a studio scheme
LONDON, May 17 Britain's biggest trade union Unite said it was suspending further strike action at BMW's British plants so that workers could consider a new offer from the German carmaker regarding pension provisions.
* At March 31 Unite UK Student Accommodation Fund Property portfolio was independently valued at 2,084 mln stg; increase of 0.5 pct during quarter
* Unite students accommodation fund ('usaf') acquires property under development in durham
* FY adjusted EPRA earnings up 24 pct to £61.3 million or 27.7p (2015: £49.5 million, 23.1p)
* The site, in Manchester city centre, is located near to the University of Manchester and is anticipated to provide a home for around 450 students
LONDON, Feb 21 The head of Britain's biggest trade union Unite said on Tuesday he will seek assurances from the chief executive of PSA Carlos Tavares that it will maintain jobs and keep plants in Britain open during a meeting on Friday.
BERLIN/LONDON Initial talks between the German government and carmakers PSA and General Motors have led to some encouraging signs that jobs at Opel factories will be preserved, though no guarantees have been made yet, a top official said on Monday. | Video
LONDON, Feb 20 The head of Britain's biggest trade union Unite is likely to meet the CEO of Peugeot on Friday in London to discuss the potential takeover of General Motors' European operations, a trade union source told Reuters.
* Says proceeds will be used to fund Unite's recent 3,100 bed on-campus acquisition at Aston Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)