VMware Inc (VMW.N)
30 Jan 2015
- Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp, which has been under pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp, forecast a lower-than-expected profit for the year and said it would cut jobs.
- Virtualization software maker VMware Inc's adjusted profit beat the average analyst estimate for the eighth straight quarter due to strong demand for its products that help cut the cost of moving data to the cloud.
Jan 27 - Virtualization software maker VMware Inc's adjusted profit beat the average analyst estimate for the eighth straight quarter due to strong demand for its products that help cut the cost of moving data to the cloud.
LONDON, Dec 17 - IBM aims to expand the number of data centres it offers clients around the world by 25 percent to meet fast-rising demand for internet-based services, after what a company executive said has been a "breakthrough year" in 2014 for its cloud computing business.
- Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp cut its full-year profit and revenue forecast, hurt by lower bookings at its VMware Inc unit and a strong dollar.
(Adds details, background, analyst comment; updates shares)
REUTERS - Data storage products maker EMC Corp said it will buy much of Cisco System Inc's stake in their joint venture VCE for an undisclosed sum.
- Data storage products maker EMC Corp said it will buy much of Cisco System Inc's stake in their joint venture VCE for an undisclosed sum.
- Software maker VMware Inc forecast current-quarter revenue largely below Wall Street's estimates due to a delay in the closing of a large U.S. government deal and lower bookings in Germany, Russia and Japan in the third quarter.
Oct 21 - VMware Inc, bucking the trend of weak results from other software makers, reported a better-than-expected quarterly adjusted profit, helped by demand for its software that helps store data more efficiently and cut IT costs.
|International Business Machines Corp. (IBM.N)||$153.31||-2.17|
|Microsoft Corporation (MSFT.OQ)||$40.40||-1.61|
|Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN.OQ)||$354.53||+42.75|
|Google Inc (GOOGL.OQ)||$537.55||+24.32|
|Google Inc (GOOG.OQ)||$534.52||+23.86|
|Oracle Corporation (ORCL.N)||$41.89||-0.97|
|Citrix Systems, Inc. (CTXS.OQ)||$59.26||-1.50|
|Red Hat Inc (RHT.N)||$63.79||-1.96|