WellCare Health Plans Inc (WCG.N)
24 Feb 2017
* Universal american stockholders approve pending merger with Wellcare
Feb 7 WellCare Health Plans Inc's quarterly profit more than tripled, handily beating analysts' estimates, driven by strong growth in enrolments in its Medicaid plans and lower costs in its Medicare business.
* Reaffirms fy 2017 adjusted earnings per share view $6.00 to $6.25
Feb 7 WellCare Health Plans Inc's fourth-quarter profit more than tripled, driven by a rise in enrolments in its Medicaid plans for low-income families.
* Wellcare receives NCQA quality accreditation for Medicaid and Medicare health plans in New York Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Insurer WellCare Health Plans Inc said on Thursday it would buy smaller rival Universal American Corp for about $600 million to bolster its Medicare Advantage business, which offers insurance to elderly and disabled Americans.
* Analysts see WellCare as an attractive Plan B takeout target
* Transaction is expected to be funded by Wellcare through available cash on hand
Nov 17 Health insurer WellCare Health Plans Inc said on Thursday it would buy smaller peer Universal American Corp for about $600 million.
* Wellcare Health Plans - on oct 18, Missouri Care Inc received a notice of award to serve MO Healthnet Managed Care program throughout state
|Aetna Inc (AET.N)||$128.97||-0.76|
|Centene Corp (CNC.N)||$70.61||+0.03|
|CIGNA Corporation (CI.N)||$147.04||-0.47|
|Humana Inc (HUM.N)||$207.28||+2.27|
|Molina Healthcare, Inc. (MOH.N)||$48.83||-0.96|
|Universal American Corporation (UAM.N)||$9.95||-0.01|
|Anthem Inc (ANTM.N)||$163.83||-0.09|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH.N)||$163.06||+0.46|