Weir Group PLC (WEIR.L)
LONDON, March 6 - Britain's top share index edged lower on Friday after posting its highest ever close in the previous session, with a pullback in mining stocks weighing on the market.
LONDON, March 6 - Shares in Weir Group rose to the top of the FTSE 100 leaderboard on Friday, with traders citing speculation that the engineering firm may be subject to a bid after a slump in its share price in recent months.
* Afren, Game Digital, Oxford Instruments out of FTSE 250 (Adds detail on reshuffle, background)
* Weir Group last year proposed tie-up with Metso (Adds comments, background)
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.1 pct, hovers below seven-year high
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.4 pct, hovers below seven-year high
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.2 pct, hovers below seven-year high
* Uncertainty in oil and gas industry to hurt revenue, margins
PARIS, Feb 25 - European shares were steady on Wednesday morning, pausing a recent sharp rally that propelled both Britain's FTSE 100 and Germany's DAX to record highs as investors combed through mixed corporate results.
PARIS, Feb 25 - European shares dipped in early trading on Wednesday, pausing their recent sharp rally, with Weir Group falling 6 percent after warning about a significant reduction in revenue in 2015.