Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N)
21 Feb 2017
* Indexes up: Dow 0.47 pct, S&P 0.43 pct, Nasdaq 0.27 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
CHICAGO, Feb 21 Wal-Mart Stores Inc reported higher-than-expected U.S. sales on Tuesday for the crucial holiday quarter as its low prices attracted more customers to its stores and online activity accelerated.
* Shares down 3.3 pct (Adds details from conference call, updates shares)
* Sees full year sales growth of between 2 and 3 percent, including $3 billion impact on sales due to forex Further company coverage:
* Futures up: Dow 61 pts, S&P 4.5 pts, Nasdaq 9 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
LONDON, Feb 21 Asda, the British supermarket arm of Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, reported on Tuesday a tenth straight quarter of falling underlying sales, though the rate of decline did ease significantly.
CHICAGO, Feb 21 Wal-Mart Stores Inc reported higher-than-expected global comparable sales on Tuesday, helped by a rise in online sales and higher traffic at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores.
Feb 15 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Wednesday:
* US retailers have been preparing for Lidl's entry (Adds details of U.S. rivals, analyst)
Wal-Mart Stores Inc has acquired online outdoor clothing and gear retailer Moosejaw for $51 million in an all-cash deal, the company said on Wednesday, as it works to boost its competitive standing in U.S. e-commerce.
|Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST.OQ)||$176.94||+1.08|
|BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. (BJ.N)||--||--|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$66.21||+0.42|
|Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN.OQ)||$856.44||+11.37|
|Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N)||$45.98||+0.74|
|Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD.OQ)||$8.06||+0.52|
|Macy's Inc (M.N)||$32.29||-0.01|
|Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR.OQ)||$79.76||-0.24|