Aug 31 Gold on Wednesday held near two-month lows hit in the previous session, with the dollar firm after upbeat U.S. data and as investors waited for nonfarm payroll numbers later this week for clues on the timing of a Federal Reserve rate hike. FUNDAMENTALS * Spot gold was little changed at $1,310.48 per ounce at 0104 GMT. The metal fell 1 percent to hit $1,308.65 on Tuesday, its lowest since June 28. * U.S. gold futures slipped 0.2 percent to $1,313.90. * Fed Chai
* Dollar index climbs, weighing on gold * Friday's U.S. payrolls data hotly anticipated * GRAPHIC-2016 asset returns: http://reut.rs/1WAiOSC (Updates prices; adds comment, byline, NEW YORK dateline) By Marcy Nicholson and Jan Harvey NEW YORK/LONDON, Aug 30 Gold fell to a six-week low on Tuesday after Federal Reserve officials sounded a hawkish note on interest rates, boosting the dollar, while attention turned to U.S. payrolls data this week for further clues on the
* Technicals see spot gold hitting $1,308 * Series of U.S. data in focus (Adds comments, updates prices) By Sethuraman N R Aug 30 Gold seesawed within a narrow range on Tuesday on the back of a steady dollar, as investors waited for cues on the timing of U.S. interest rate hike from nonfarm payroll data, due later this week. "Gold remains range-bound within a descending triangle over the past month, with price action likely to remain fairly stable while inside this,
Aug 30 Gold held steady early on Tuesday as bargain hunters swooped in after the metal fell to near five-week lows, while investors wait to see how U.S. nonfarm payroll data due later this week will play into the timing of any rate hike. FUNDAMENTALS * Spot gold was little changed at $1,323.26 per ounce at 0116 GMT. The metal had recovered from a near five-week low of $1,314.70 after a dollar run lost some steam late Monday. * U.S. gold futures were flat at $1,327.30.
* Hawkish tone from Yellen, Fischer boosts dollar * Gold turns higher after whipsaw session on Friday * GRAPHIC-2016 asset returns: http://reut.rs/1WAiOSC (Updates prices; adds comment, second byline, NEW YORK dateline) By Marcy Nicholson and Jan Harvey NEW YORK/LONDON, Aug 29 Gold rebounded from a near five-week low as the dollar dropped on Monday, shrugging off earlier pressure by top Federal Reserve officials' comments fuelling speculation that U.S. interest rate
* Yellen comments indicate U.S. rate hike could come soon * Spot gold may drop to $1,308 -technicals * Speculators increase gold long positions in week to Aug. 23 (Updates prices) By Koustav Samanta Aug 29 Gold edged lower on Monday as the dollar got a boost after hawkish comments from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen left the door open to a U.S. interest rate hike as early as next month. The case for raising U.S. interest rates has strengthened in recent mont
Aug 29 Gold edged lower early on Monday as the dollar strengthened after hawkish comments from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen left the door open for a U.S. interest hike as early as next month. FUNDAMENTALS * Spot gold had dipped 0.33 percent to $1,316.46 per ounce at 0120 GMT. The metal closed last week down 1.5 percent. * U.S. gold futures fell 0.48 percent to $1,319.60. * The case for raising U.S. interest rates has strengthened in recent months because of
* Fed's Yellen says case for hiking U.S. rates strengthened * Platinum falls to 7-1/2-week low * Asian gold discounts fall as lower prices lift demand * GRAPHIC-2016 asset returns: http://reut.rs/1WAiOSC (Recasts, updates prices; adds comment, second byline, NEW YORK dateline) By Marcy Nicholson and Jan Harvey NEW YORK/LONDON, Aug 26 Gold pared gains on Friday, while the dollar turned up and U.S. stocks fell, as investors struggled to decipher the timing of a U.
* Yellen to speak at 1400 GMT on Friday * Gold seen dropping to $1,308 - techs * SPDR Gold holdings fall on Thursday (Adds comment, updates prices) By Sethuraman N R Aug 26 Gold held steady on Friday above four-week lows hit in the previous session, as the dollar slipped ahead of a speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen that would be closely watched for directions on U.S. interest rates. Yellen is scheduled to address a meeting of central bankers in Jackso
Aug 26 Gold held steady early on Friday after hitting four-week lows in the previous session when the dollar slipped ahead of a speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen that will be closely watched for clues on U.S. interest rate policy. FUNDAMENTALS * Spot gold edged higher 0.1 percent at $1,323 an ounce at 0059 GMT. The metal touched a more than 4-week low of $1,317.46 on Thursday. * U.S. gold was up 0.1 percent at $1,326.10 an ounce. * Market players are hopin