LONDON, Jan 23 The dollar fell to a 1-1/2 month low against an index of the world's other top currencies on Monday, after U.S. President Donald Trump struck a protectionist tone in his inauguration speech.
TOKYO, Jan 23 The dollar skidded in Asian trade on Monday, with the euro hitting its highest levels in more than a month as investors locked in gains on the greenback's recent rise as they waited for U.S. President Donald Trump to offer details of his promised stimulus.
TOKYO, Jan 23 The dollar started the week on the back foot in early Asian trade on Monday, with the euro edging up to its highest in more than a month as investors locked in gains on the dollar's recent rise as they waited for U.S. President Donald Trump to offer details of his promised stimulus.
* Mexican peso has biggest rise since November (Recasts; updates to afternoon U.S. trading, adds quote)
* Trump's speech does not highlight policy specifics (Adds new quotes, data, Trump inauguration info)
* Market volumes limited, leading to choppy trade (Updates to U.S. market open, adds data, quote, changes dateline, previous LONDON)
LONDON, Jan 20 The dollar edged higher on Friday, steadying after a volatile week that underlined the growing uncertainty over how Donald Trump will behave after his inauguration as U.S. President.
* Dollar inches down after less hawkish comments by Fed's Yellen
* Dollar slips as Yellen's speech less hawkish than some expected
TOKYO, Jan 20 The dollar held its gains on Friday as investors braced for U.S. President-elect Donald Trump to be sworn in, while the euro rebounded as the European Central Bank held policy steady.