WASHINGTON A sea of protesters swarmed in front of the White House on Saturday to voice displeasure with President Donald Trump's stance on the environment and demand that he rethink plans to reverse the climate change policies backed by his predecessor. | Video
- Multiple tornadoes kill at least four in Texas |
- Global pension funds warm to India's solar power ambitions
- U.S. appeals court grants Trump request on climate regulations case
- Strong earthquake hits off Philippines, no major impact seen
- EPA says website undergoing makeover to match Trump, Pruitt views
Recent Environment News
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday to extend offshore oil and gas drilling to areas that have been off limits - a move meant to boost domestic production but which could fall flat due to weak industry demand for the acreage. | Video
CHICAGO A weekend storm is expected to bring as much as a foot (30.5 cm) of snow to parts of the U.S. Plains winter wheat belt and heavy rain to the southern Midwest, stalling corn and soybean planting, meteorologists said on Friday.
BRUSSELS Power plants in the European Union will have to cut the amount of toxic pollutants they emit such as nitrogen oxides under new rules approved by EU member states on Friday and widely applauded by environmental groups.
By Lefteris Karagiannopoulos, Sonali Paul and Aaron Sheldrick