ATHENS/ANKARA A powerful earthquake killed at least two people and injured scores when it struck near major Turkish and Greek tourist destinations in the Aegean Sea early on Friday, officials said.
- California wildfire burns 45 buildings near Yosemite
- Vietnam pollution fight hits supplier to global fashion brands
- Japanese court denies injunction against Ikata nuclear plant
- Five lawsuits aim to get Texas to enforce air quality laws
- Flint water crisis whistle-blowers win MIT Media Lab's 'Disobedience Award'
Recent Environment News
BEIJING Air quality in China worsened in the first half of 2017, with 338 cities including the capital Beijing on average reporting fewer clean air days due to winter pollution in January and February, an official at the Ministry of Environmental Protection said.
BEIJING China's solar industry is expected to produce 25 percent more panels in 2017 than last year, supported by domestic sales and demand from the United States and emerging markets, the head of a Chinese industry association said.
LONDON A British zoo is using IVF technology to help the three remaining northern white rhinos procreate and save the species from extinction.
BERLIN The European Commission is examining whether German automakers colluded in systems they used to clean exhaust emissions as part of investigations triggered by the Volkswagen scandal, the Handelsblatt daily reported on Thursday.