LOS ANGELES As former U.S. vice president Al Gore filmed the sequel to his environmental documentary last year, he did not expect to be dealing with a new president who has dismissed climate change as a hoax.
- World temperatures hit new high in 2016 for third year in a row
- 'Matriarch' gorilla at Miami zoo dies at age of nearly 50
- Spate of strong earthquakes hit snowbound central Italy, one dead
- Trump EPA pick says backs biofuels program, but open to tweaks
- Hemp hits new high as building material on Dutch bridge |
Recent Environment News
WASHINGTON President-elect Donald Trump's choice to lead the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency expressed doubt about the science behind global climate change during a contentious Senate confirmation hearing on Wednesday, but added he would be obliged for now to uphold the EPA's finding carbon dioxide poses a public danger. | Video
BEIJING Basi, the oldest giant panda living in captivity, celebrated her 37th birthday on Wednesday wearing a crown and getting a special birthday cake.
NEW YORK A divided U.S. appeals court on Wednesday revived an Environmental Protection Agency rule permitting government agencies to transfer water between different bodies, such as rivers and lakes, without needing to safeguard for pollution.
HOUSTON Energy Transfer Partners has filed a motion to bar the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from initiating an environmental study for its controversial Dakota Access pipeline crossing at Lake Oahe in North Dakota.