Scientists raised the alert level for a remote Aleutian volcano on Monday after an explosion was detected on the mountain and heard by residents of a tiny village some 45 miles (72 km) away, a monitoring website said.
- Norway nuclear reactor leak contained, no injuries sustained: reactor owner IFE
- Fukushima nuclear clean-up may rise to several billion dollars a year: government
- On the ballot: two clashing visions of how America will powers its cars, homes
- Company climate change plans too weak to meet Paris goals - survey
- Dakota Access pipeline opponents occupy land, citing 1851 treaty
Recent Environment News
LOS ANGELES Hundreds of people gathered in Los Angeles on Sunday to protest against climate change and show support for activists demonstrating against the construction of an oil pipeline in North Dakota.
A leak late on Sunday prompted Enterprise Products Partners to shut its Seaway Crude Pipeline system, the largest conduit for moving oil from the major storage hub in Cushing, Oklahoma to Gulf coast refineries.
OSLO/GENEVA Greenhouse gases rose to a symbolic milestone in 2015, taking climate change into a new phase which could last generations even if governments act to curb man-made global warming, the U.N. World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Monday.
RICHMOND, Calif. The land of liberal politics, electric cars and strict pollution controls might seem like an odd place to drop $1 billion into a 115-year-old oil refinery.