LOS ANGELES Crews battling a deadly wildfire in rugged drought-stricken terrain north of Los Angeles faced a return of brutal heat on Tuesday after a day-long respite of cooler weather and diminished winds that helped them gain some ground against the blaze. | Video
- Crews battling California wildfire face renewed blast of heat
- Husky says Canadian oil spill started day before pipeline was shut
- Brazil agency to say Rio Olympics will bring no environmental gains: sources
- Solar plane circles globe in first for clean energy |
- Natural disasters in China kill more than 800 since June
Recent Environment News
Hilcorp Energy [HILCO.UL] on Tuesday said it contained a leak from an abandoned flow line at its Lake Washington Field in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana on Monday.
SYDNEY Australia's second-largest energy retailer AGL Energy Ltd said on Wednesday it had set up the nation's largest renewable energy fund, worth A$2-3 billion, with Australia's sovereign wealth fund and a Queensland government-owned fund.
NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - More than 1.2 million people in northeast India have been hit by floods which have submerged hundreds of villages, inundated large swathes of farmland and damaged roads, bridges and telecommunications services, local authorities said on Tuesday.
RIO DE JANEIRO (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - The area covered by palm oil plantations worldwide could double without damaging protected areas or sensitive forests, Austrian researchers said on Tuesday.