- Bitcoin can expose people to significant losses, fraud and theft, and the lure of a potential quick profit should not blind investors to the virtual currency's significant risks, a brokerage industry watchdog warned on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp said on Tuesday it appointed Mason Morfit, president of activist investor ValueAct Capital, as a board member.
REUTERS - Shares in Jive Software Inc , a maker of social media tools for companies, rose 7 percent after a technology blog reported that the company has been seeking a buyer for months.
- A U.S. federal judge on Tuesday temporarily froze the U.S. assets of Mt. Gox chief Mark Karpeles and allowed alleged victims of the shuttered bitcoin exchange to demand evidence of what they claim is a massive fraud.
DENVER - A Colorado-based company has put crowdsourcing to work in the search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner, inviting Internet users to comb through satellite images of over 1,200 square miles (3,200 square km) of seawater for any sign of wreckage, the company said on Tuesday.
SHANGHAI - Chinese PC maker Lenovo Group Ltd said it was up to IBM to resolve a wildcat strike at a China-based factory, as a deal to buy the U.S. company's server business had yet to be finalised.
- Economic data likely to point to weak growth, high inflation
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target
- Sesa says mining cap may lead to job cuts
- Asian stocks give ground, copper takes a spill
- Maruti investors ratchet up pressure to shelve Suzuki deal
- Fed set to ditch 'threshold' guidance under Yellen
- Gold rises on concern over Ukraine crisis, Chinese growth
- EXCLUSIVE - India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters: sources
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- Ranbaxy scrambles for ingredients to make generic Nexium