- Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd is cutting jobs across the world, the company said on Friday, as it consolidates its software, hardware and applications business.
Recent Technology News
SPRINGFIELD, Va. - Much about the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency remains classified, but the U.S. spy agency that maps and analyzes the earth is opening up more than ever, from sharing computer source code on a public website to tapping new sources of intelligence.
- An online dating site for adults seeking sexual trysts has been hacked, potentially compromising the personal information of some of its 64 million members, the company said on Friday.
NEW YORK - Billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn said Thursday that mutual funds will increasingly realise that being underweight shares of Apple will hurt their performance as the technology giant continues to innovate.
REUTERS - Uber Technologies Inc is seeking a $1 billion credit line from banks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
PARIS - France's highest administrative court on Friday approved two out of three main restrictions on private chauffeured vehicle services such as Uber that were introduced last year after complaints from traditional cab drivers of unfair competition.
- India's top bank SBI says bad loan pressure easing
- Cigarette maker ITC misses profit estimates
- Fed on track to hike rates as economic headwinds wane - Yellen |
- India plans new oil subsidy rules to push ONGC stake sale
- India has built up defences vs volatile capital flows - RBI's Rajan
- Greek PM says on final stretch towards deal with lenders
- Jaitley promises better tax regime for companies
- South Korea seeks deeper cooperation with Japan on China-led AIIB
- U.S. Justice Dept. finds criminal wrongdoing in GM ignition switch defect - NY Times
- Wall Street Weekahead - Yellen tone suggests choppiness for markets ahead