Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - U.S. federal agencies have increased cybersecurity measures since the hacking at the Office of Personnel Management, but more work is necessary to help prevent further attacks, the results of a 30-day effort to raise standards showed on Friday.
REUTERS - Uber Technologies Inc will invest $1 billion in India in the next nine months, as the online taxi-hailing company looks to expand its services in its biggest market outside the United States.
- Apple Inc will launch the next generation of its Apple TV set-top box in September, with a new remote and support for Siri voice control, online publisher BuzzFeed reported on Thursday. | Video
- Nvidia Corp said it was recalling some of its Shield 8-inch tablets in the United States as the battery in these devices can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Verizon Communications Inc , the largest U.S. wireless service provider, said on Friday there was little progress in negotiations with its wireline unit workers on the U.S. East Coast, ahead of the expiry of the current contracts on Aug. 1.
- Nestle India targets growth in other businesses after Maggi scare
- Bombay High Court concludes hearing Maggi noodles case
- Day of losses seen ahead for reopened Greek stock market
- Zambian villagers to take on mining firm Vedanta in UK court
- After uproar, India ups budget for some social welfare sectors
- China July factory growth unexpectedly stalls - official PMI survey
- India's April-June fiscal deficit touches $44.9 bln - govt
- L&T criticises "unhurried" reform pace as profit slides
- Malaysia's PM Najib says Qatar, China interested in 1MDB assets
- ICICI Bank sees slower rate of new troubled loans