DETROIT - From his laboratory at Pittsburgh's Carnegie Mellon University, automated vehicle pioneer Raj Rajkumar says self-driving cars will evolve step-by-step, with humans staying in charge for a long time to come.
Recent Technology News
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - A key instrument on a $1 billion NASA satellite has failed, reducing scientists' ability to capture data to measure the moisture in Earth's soil in order to improve flood forecasting and monitor climate change, officials said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - A former Tesla Motors engineer has been charged in federal court with felony computer intrusion for allegedly accessing his manager's email account, sharing employee evaluations with others and posting confidential information on the Web.
REUTERS - Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc has reached a settlement agreement with nine former employees who had filed a lawsuit claiming that their personal data was stolen in a 2014 hacking tied to the studio's release of a comedy film set in North Korea, "The Interview."
LONDON - English Premier League club Manchester United said on Wednesday it had signed a partnership deal with IT firm HCL Technologies to improve its website and app as it gears up to launch a new digital media strategy.
BRASILIA - Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff criticized ride-sharing software Uber on Wednesday for increasing unemployment, adding to a chorus of labour concerns about the world's most valuable venture-backed start-up.
- Sensex falls more than 500 points on weak global cues
- Cipla to buy two U.S. generic drug firms for $550 million
- Maruti Suzuki to take shareholder vote on Gujarat plant after govt approvals
- ONGC pays just over $1.25 bln for Vankor stake: source
- India edible oil producers fight losing battle against cheap palm oil imports
- Asian shares fall as U.S. jobs jitters outweigh ECB support
- GVK wins court fight over Australian coal mine
- Gold slips on dollar after ECB comments, eyes on U.S. data
- Foreign investors navigate turmoil in Chinese markets with new playbook
- Russia's Rosneft to sell 15 pct stake in Vankor to India's ONGC