NEW DELHI Global ride-hailing firm Uber Technologies is rethinking its car leasing strategy in India, its second-biggest market, as drivers have returned dozens of leased cars early after the company cut incentives, people familiar with the matter told Reuters. | Video
Recent Technology News
ISTANBUL/DUBAI Turkish and Gulf airlines are touting free WiFi and better in-flight connectivity for smart phones as they scramble to mitigate the impact of a ban on laptops in plane cabins bound for the United States.
NEW YORK Little-known Thrivent Financial, a Minneapolis-based asset manager that offers financial services to Lutherans, is hoping its recent streak of outperformance will make it stand apart at a time when steep investor outflows are prompting a wave of mergers throughout the mutual fund industry.
SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Friday said it will not adopt a holding company structure for now, rejecting demands from U.S. activist hedge fund Elliott Management and putting off a long-anticipated restructuring.
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp has informed its main lenders it is planning for U.S. nuclear unit Westinghouse Electric Co LLC to file for bankruptcy on March 31, people briefed on the matter said on Friday.
HONG KONG Chinese photo app owner and mobile phone maker Meitu Inc's net loss last year was down by 24 percent, the company reported on Friday, in its first results since its shares made their market debut in Hong Kong in December.
- India's market regulator accuses Reliance of wrongful share trading
- EXCLUSIVE: Short of track, Indian Railways eyes private suppliers in blow to state steel firm
- State Bank of India says to begin process for life insurance arm IPO
- Exclusive: Venezuela increased fuel exports to allies even as supply crunch loomed
- India's monsoon likely to escape El Nino unscathed - IMD
- Trump's U.S. jobs push may open doors to China in Mexico: ICBC bank
- Bull market not dead as tax reform takes spotlight
- Vedanta to invest $1 bln in Zambian copper mine
- Trump greenlights Keystone XL pipeline, but obstacles loom |