TOKYO Western Digital Corp may join a consortium of Japanese government money and KKR & Co LP to bid for Toshiba Corp's chip unit, backing away from an earlier demand for an immediate majority stake, two sources familiar with the matter said.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Monday it is considering adding NAND memory chip production capacity at its manufacturing base in China amid an industry-wide boom that will likely fuel record sales for memory suppliers.
KIEV/MOSCOW Ukraine's State Security Service (SBU) raided the Kiev and Odessa offices of Russia's top search site Yandex on Monday, accusing the company of illegally collecting Ukrainian users' data and sending it to Russian security agencies.
FRANKFURT German carmaker BMW said a shortage of steering gears supplied by Robert Bosch slowed production of several of its compact and mid-sized models and caused stoppages at its plants in South Africa and China.
LONDON/BERLIN British Airways must turn its attention to repairing its brand after a weekend of chaos and criticism caused by a major IT outage that grounded flights from London's two main airports.
BEIJING A popular Chinese dating app for lesbians has been shut down, along with its website and main social media account, just as the gay community celebrates Taiwan's decision giving same-sex couples the right to marry, a first for Asia.
- Monsoon rains hit Kerala coast, to spur growth
- Indian economy rides on consumer spending revival ahead of GST launch
- Sensex, Nifty edge up to record closes; Aurobindo Pharma surges
- Adani says Carmichael mine decision on track after royalty agreement
- Merkel says can develop India ties and keep up U.S. relationship
- British Airways left to count cost of weekend IT meltdown
- India's record diesel demand to continue in 2017, growth to slow
- Mahindra & Mahindra fourth-quarter profit rises about 20 percent, beats estimates
- Aviation ministry to cooperate with CBI probe into Air India deals
- Hindalco Industries fourth-quarter profit rises 26 percent, tops estimates