TOKYO Japan's Sony Corp on Wednesday lifted the sales target for its games division next year on hopes for its new virtual reality headset, and said it would re-enter robots a decade after it last abandoned the business.
Recent Technology News
LONDON Chinese technology company Huawei [HWT.UL] told the British government on Tuesday that its planned investment in the country would go ahead despite it voting to leave the European Union, business minister Sajid Javid said.
VANCOUVER Online media outlet BuzzFeed said on Tuesday that it is closing its Ottawa bureau as it moves away from covering Canadian political news, in a broader editorial revamp that will also see its Toronto team work more closely with editors in New York.
BRUSSELS - Alphabet's Google may face a third EU antitrust charge as soon as next month, this time focusing on its revenue mainstay AdWords ad placement service, three people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
FRANKFURT German industrial group Siemens plans to invest 1 billion euros ($1.1 billion) over the next five years in a new startups unit to help it develop businesses in areas such as artificial intelligence and decentralised electrification.
DETROIT U.S. safety regulators said on Tuesday there were 68 reported injuries and 266 reported crashes in vehicles, including 2014-2015 Fiat Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee models with a type of gear-shifting control that has confused some consumers and led to rollaway incidents, prompting a recall.
- Gold rebounds as economic worries linger after Brexit vote
- Toyota recalls 2.86 million cars globally over emissions control unit
- Asia stocks bounce, bonds benefit from the unknown
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, markets steadier |
- Nikkei bounces as yen rally pauses, Idemitsu Kosan tumbles
- Suzuki Motors says Brexit to have 'major' impact on earnings
- Oil prices rise on Norway strike threat; Brexit shock fades
- U.S. first-quarter GDP revised up, Brexit risk to outlook
- U.S. mixes signals on possible separate EU, UK trade talks