SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp on Monday reported a fall in its quarterly profit that was in line with Wall Street forecasts, as sluggish personal computer sales dampened demand for Windows software and the company struggled with the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
Recent Technology News
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp's Chief Financial Officer said on Monday that she expected the company's fiscal third-quarter revenue growth to be cut by four percent by unfavorable currency exchange rates, assuming the U.S. dollar continues its strong run.
PARIS/STOCKHOLM - Europe's telecoms equipment makers look set for an unpredictable year because of consolidation among their operator customers and a slowdown of buildouts of faster mobile networks, known as 4G, in the United States and China.
REUTERS - Chinese actress Zhao Wei has taken a major stake in Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd's film division, bringing some star power to a company that warned on Monday it could rack up losses of as much as HK$600 million ($77.41 million) for 2014.
ANKARA - A Turkish court has ordered Facebook to block a number of pages deemed insulting to the Prophet Mohammad, threatening to stop access to the whole social networking site if it does not comply, local media reported.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - India is betting that mobile phone vendors, fuel stations and corner stores can help it put basic banking within the grasp of hundreds of millions of its poor people living beyond the reach of traditional bank branches.
- Obama ends day of Indian pageantry with $4 billion pledge
- India-U.S. nuke deal could help clear project logjam - Westinghouse CEO
- Asia shares inch ahead, euro steady as Fed meets
- Corrected - Gold extends losses to 3rd day on stronger equities
- China's Li says to create 10 mln jobs in 2015 - China Daily
- China says industrial sector under pressure
- Mahindra to expand renewables business amid India's clean energy push