Facebook Inc is in talks with Hollywood studios about producing scripted, TV-quality shows, with an aim of launching original programming by late summer, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday.
Recent Technology News
LONDON Britain's parliament was hit by a "sustained and determined" cyber attack on Saturday designed to identify weak email passwords, just over a month after a ransomware worm crippled parts of the country's health service.
WELLINGTON New Zealand pay television provider Sky Network TV on Monday said it was terminating a sales agreement to buy Vodafone's local unit, a deal the country's competition regulator had ruled against.
SYDNEY Australia said on Sunday it will push for greater powers to tackle the use of encrypted messaging services used by terrorists and criminals at an upcoming meeting of ministers from the "Five Eyes" intelligence network.
WASHINGTON Automakers are using tiny cameras, sensors to track drooping heads, steering wheel monitors and audible alerts to ensure drivers pay attention when using advanced driver assistance systems, like Tesla’s Autopilot, that allow drivers to take their hands off the wheel. | Video
Alphabet Inc's Google said on Friday it would stop scanning Gmail content for creating personalized ads from later this year, bringing the widely-used email service in line with its enterprise offering, G Suite.
- Trump, Modi seek rapport despite friction on trade, immigration
- Japanese airbag maker Takata files for bankruptcy, gets U.S. sponsor
- China blue-chips at 18-month high, MSCI talks up A-shares
- Asia stocks edge up on optimism over global growth, dollar soft
- Fed's Williams sees gradual rate hikes as key to further U.S. growth
- Oil rises 1 percent on weaker dollar, but U.S. drilling drags
- China will steadily push forward with destocking in property market - Xinhua
- Indian markets closed on Monday for public holiday
- Investing with "green" ratings? It's a gray area
- Clogged oil arteries slow U.S. shale rush to record output