Twitter Inc shares tumbled more than 10 percent in premarket trading on Thursday after the social media platform disappointed investors with stagnant monthly active user growth in the second quarter.
Recent Technology News
KUALA LUMPUR Malaysia's parliament on Thursday passed two bills that will legalise e-hailing services, as ride-hailing firms Grab and Uber Technologies Inc race to expand in the region.
SAN FRANCISCO Software startup Slack Technologies Inc is raising $250 million in a new funding round, according to people familiar with the matter, boosting the company's valuation as Silicon Valley companies enjoy a surge in venture capital investments.
MasterCard Inc, the world's second-biggest payments processor, on Thursday reported a better-than-expected 20 percent jump in quarterly profit as people spent more using credit and debit cards.
Verizon Communications Inc on Thursday reported quarterly revenue that topped expectations as the No. 1 U.S. wireless carrier attracted more subscribers with its unlimited data plan.
HONG KONG China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, one of the world's largest telecom equipment makers, posted on Thursday a 15 percent rise in half-year revenue, the slowest growth for that period in four years.
- Businesses blindsided by unclear GST rules
- India's first-quarter coal imports fall 8.1 percent
- India's falling trade deficit opens space to reduce gold import tax: govt official
- Axis Bank agrees to buy payments wallet provider FreeCharge for $60 million
- Maruti Suzuki profit disappoints on costs, tax hit
- Wall Street set to rise on strong earnings, dovish Fed
- Exclusive: Not Made in America - Wal-Mart looks overseas for online vendors
- ICICI Bank first-quarter profit falls 8 percent, provisions rise
- ONGC first-quarter standalone profit drops 8 pct; misses estimates