Recent Technology News
HONG KONG The theft of toy maker VTech Holdings Ltd's database highlights a growing problem with basic cyber security measures at small, non-financial companies that handle electronic customer data, industry watchers said on Monday.
SAN FRANCISCO Less than a week after Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said he would take two months of paternity leave, the social media company announced it is extending its parental leave policy to full-time employees outside the United States.
WASHINGTON The U.S. National Security Agency will end its daily vacuuming of millions of Americans' phone records by Sunday and replace the practice with more tightly targeted surveillance methods, the Obama administration said on Friday. | Video
SHANGHAI Police in China, where gun possession by ordinary people is illegal, have busted an online gun selling operation, seizing 1,180 guns and more than 6 million bullets, the state news agency Xinhua reported on Saturday.
BRUSSELS The European Union wants to enhance the power of the bloc's national privacy regulators in policing a planned new EU-U.S. data pact after the previous one was struck down by a top EU court on concerns about mass U.S. surveillance.
- Bharti Airtel plans $9 billion investment to upgrade India phone network
- Sensex ends flat ahead of RBI meet; post declines in Nov
- India's economic growth seen picking up, RBI may hold rates steady
- India to discuss changes to gold monetisation scheme after muted response
- Costly "cleaner" coal fights for space in emissions debate
- Indian rupee slumps ahead of RBI review, more weakness seen
- France, India to launch global solar alliance
- Gold down on dollar, eyes biggest monthly fall in 2-1/2 years
- Dollar rises versus euro, oil drops before ECB, OPEC meetings
- Alkem may announce IPO price band on Nov 30 or Dec 1: sources