SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc has paid its leading outside law firm approximately $60 million to wage patent litigation against Samsung Electronics Co Ltd in a California federal court, according to Apple legal documents filed late on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court agreed on Friday to rule on the divisive issue of what kinds of software are eligible for patent protection in a case being closely watched by the technology industry.
LONDON - The digital version of The Sun, Britain's most popular tabloid newspaper, attracted more than 100,000 subscribers in the four months since it started charging for online content, publisher News UK said on Friday.
REUTERS - As millions of people shop online for new insurance plans under President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law, about 10 percent of applications to the main website are not being accurately transmitted, a government spokeswoman said on Friday.
LONDON - Bookmakers are preparing for a tax avoidance crackdown on online gambling in Britain that will cost the industry 300 million pounds a year, putting a brake on the fastest growing part of their businesses.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it had disrupted the largest network of compromised personal computers, involving some 2 million machines around the world, since it stepped up its battle against organized online criminals three years ago.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Sale of Power Grid gets bids for 6.7 times stock on offer
- Indian 2014 gold imports seen at half usual levels
- Record Sensex rally masks economic concerns
- U.S. unemployment rate hits five-year low, eyes on the Fed
- India mulls aid to sugar mills plus $1.17 billion in loans
- Wall Street Week Ahead - U.S. stocks could weather grim profit outlooks
- Diplomats confirm WTO agrees to global trade deal
- Historic global trade deal on ice as Cuba holds out
- Rogue trader gets prison, told to repay Goldman $118 million