SAN FRANCISCO Amazon.com Inc's ventures far beyond online retail, from cloud computing to movie making, are raising questions among corporate strategy experts about its focus.
Recent Technology News
Apple Inc urged California to toughen up its proposed policy on testing self-driving cars, a move that would result in more public data that could help Apple catch up to rivals in the self-driving space by giving it a better window into their strengths and weaknesses.
Twitter Inc Chief Executive Jack Dorsey snapped up more than half a million of the company's shares for about $9.5 million, a regulatory filing on Friday showed.
Alphabet Inc's non-advertising business, which houses its cloud unit, Pixel smartphones and the Play store, has long been sandwiched between Google's advertising juggernaut and its moonshot ventures that have captured popular imagination.
Qualcomm Inc slashed its current-quarter profit and revenue forecasts on Friday, amid an escalating legal battle between the chipmaker and Apple Inc.
MILAN Milan tax police have told Amazon they believes the world's largest online retailer has evaded around 130 million euros ($142 million) of taxes in Italy, a source close to the matter said on Friday.
- Global med-tech firms, India locked in tussle after stent price sting
- Indian gold demand seen higher ahead of key festival
- Earnings misses, rising debts: Indian Railways turnaround hits buffers |
- In first 100 days, a reversal of fortune for Trump favourites on Wall Street
- Wall Sreet Weekahead - Hot earnings to keep fire under growth-stock rally
- Global Economy Weekahead - EU readies united Brexit front, bets on Macron
- Paytm parent One97 set to raise over $1.8 billion from SoftBank - report
- Japan's Abe cautions against Brexit regulation cliff edge
- Federal Bank aims 3.25 percent net interest margin, growth across segments