* Shares plunge to 12-yr low of $6.01 (Adds analyst comment, background, updates shares)
* Indexes down: Dow 1.4 pct, S&P 1 pct, Nasdaq 1.4 pct (Updates to afternoon trading)
* Strong dollar may cut up to $12bln off Q4 U.S. revenue -FireApps
* French motorway association threatens legal action (Recasts with challenge, updates share prices at close)
* Shares fall as much as 3.5 pct (Adds company spokesperson comment)
NEW DELHI - Car maker Maruti Suzuki has promised investors more clarity on its investment plans after March, a move that goes some way to appeasing shareholders that have fretted over the low returns it earns from a growing cash pile.