NEW DELHI - India's biggest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, warned on Thursday that its rising sales were largely driven by improving sentiment, discounts and government tax breaks, rather than any underlying economic revival.
- UPDATE 2-India's largest carmaker says profits helped by sentiment, not growth
- VW closes in on Toyota as global auto leader
- Nikkei rises to fresh six-month high; Nissan jumps on strong results
- Proxy advisor Glass Lewis advises vote for Fiat cross-border merger
- Audi cuts spare-part prices in China amid anti-monopoly probe
DETROIT - A former Ford Motor Co engineer is being investigated by the FBI after listening devices were found in meeting rooms at company offices, the automaker said on Friday.
SHANGHAI/NEW DELHI - British luxury carmaker Jaguar Land Rover, owned by Tata Motors Ltd , said it planned to cut prices on three models in China due to the government's anti-monopoly probe.
FRANKFURT/DETROIT - Ford Motor Co and General Motors Co said on Thursday the crisis in Ukraine has exacerbated a sales slowdown in Russia, but the carmakers said they were on track to turn around their European operations after years of economic instability on the Continent.
MILAN/LONDON - PSA Peugeot Citroen and Fiat Chrysler denied a Financial Times report on Thursday that the companies were preparing a merger to create the world's fifth-largest carmaker.