KIEV/SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine - Shots were fired in Crimea to warn off an unarmed international team of monitors and at a Ukrainian observation plane, as the standoff between occupying Russian forces and besieged Ukrainian troops intensified.
- GM must address recall soon to avoid damage to reputation
- Rolls-Royce to buy Daimler stake of power systems unit with cash, borrowing
- Carmakers fear emerging markets gloom could overshadow European rebound
- VW budget car plan stalls as struggles to meet cost targets
- VW says struggling to meet cost targets for budget car
(In Feb 28 story, corrects incomplete quote in seventh paragraph, adds paragraph of context before quote)
MILAN/PARIS - Idle plants, surly unions and a weak, ageing model line-up - the challenges facing Fiat Chrysler's Italian revival sound a lot like the British car industry's low point in 1982.
MUMBAI - Shares of Maruti Suzuki fell 4.5 percent on Friday, after the car maker sought to allay investor concerns over its plan to source cars from a plant to be built by its parent Suzuki Motor in Gujarat.
DETROIT - General Motors Co and Ford Motor Co this week ramped up deep discounts on many of their U.S. models, extending those offers through March in an effort to lure customers back into winter-ravaged showrooms.