WASHINGTON Volkswagen AG's $14.7 billion settlement of its U.S. diesel emissions cheating scandal cleared another legal hurdle on Tuesday, as a federal judge gave the automaker preliminary approval to buy back up to 475,000 vehicles.
- Maruti Suzuki Q1 profit up 23 pct, beats estimates
- Hyundai slides to 10th straight profit drop, sees tougher U.S. market ahead
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- EXCLUSIVE: Tesla, SolarCity close to merger agreement - sources
- Exclusive: Tesla, SolarCity close to merger agreement
FRANKFURT Audi aims to have three electric car models by 2020 and for electric vehicles to account for 25 to 30 percent of its sales by 2025, Chief Executive Rupert Stadler told a German newspaper.
SEOUL/NEW DELHI South Korea's Kia Motors Corp is expected to pick a site next month for its first factory in India, stepping up plans to start making cars in one of the world's fast-growing auto markets, two people familiar with the matter said.
DETROIT General Motors Co on Thursday raised its forecast for full-year profits after reporting a record second-quarter profit as it continued to capitalize on strong sales of pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles in the United States.
BEIJING Samsung Electronics is to pay 3 billion yuan ($450 million) for a stake in Chinese automaker and rechargeable batteries firm BYD Co Ltd , the Chinese company said in a stock exchange filing on Thursday.