WASHINGTON U.S. senators questioned on Tuesday whether India's development of a port in southern Iran for trade access risked violating international sanctions, and a State Department official assured them the administration would closely examine the project.
- U.S. official says India has addressed nuclear concerns
- Pakistan can't confirm Taliban leader is dead, criticises U.S. drone strike
- Cipla Q4 profit lags due to one-off charges in Europe, emerging markets
- Too soon to say explosion downed plane, Egypt forensics chief says
- Bank of India sees better year ahead after Q4 loss
LONDON At least four parties have submitted bids for the British assets of Tata Steel ahead of the Indian company's board meeting this week that could determine their fate, according to sources close to the bidders.
NORRISTOWN, Pa. A Pennsylvania judge on Tuesday ordered comedian Bill Cosby to stand trial on accusations of sexual assault, the most serious setback so far for a man who epitomized the all-American dad on the 1980s sitcom "The Cosby Show." | Video
Monsanto Co , the world's largest seed company, turned down Bayer AG's $62 billion acquisition bid as "incomplete and financially inadequate" on Tuesday, but said it was open to engage further in negotiations.
PARIS Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams barely got their shoes dusty at the French Open on Tuesday but two of the top five women's seeds went out and Andy Murray survived the first round by the skin of his teeth.