MUMBAI Gross bad loans at Indian banks may rise to 8.5 percent of total assets by March 2017 from 7.6 percent in March 2016 if the central bank orders them to conduct a second round of asset quality reviews, a Reserve Bank of India (RBI) report said on Tuesday.
- Majority of RBI committee suggested no rate cuts at June review
- India's coal imports fell 5 percent in April-May - coal secretary
- Sensex rises on monsoon hopes, but volumes thin
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, markets steadier |
- Insight - Pakistan's new military courts challenged over abuse claims
WASHINGTON German automaker Volkswagen AG will pay as much as $15.3 billion after admitting it cheated on U.S. diesel emissions tests for years, agreeing to buy back vehicles from consumers and provide funding that could benefit makers of cleaner technologies. | Video
ERBIL, Iraq It was barely more than a squiggle, but the mark of a single letter sprayed overnight on a wall in the heart of Islamic State's self-proclaimed caliphate was a daring act of dissent.
NEW DELHI The wheat stock position in India is comfortable as the government had 32.64 million tonnes in the central pool at the beginning of June, a government statement said on Tuesday.
MUMBAI New Zealand will begin their five-week tour of India with the opening test of the three-match series at Kanpur from Sept. 22, the Board Of Control For Cricket In India (BCCI) said on Tuesday.