NEW DELHI The government ordered diesel generators and a power plant in Delhi to be shut down on Tuesday as air quality in the capital deteriorated ahead of Diwali, when a night of firecrackers sends pollution levels rocketing.
- Exclusive: India likely to stick to deficit target, may step up bank reform - Modi adviser
- Andhra Pradesh investigates planting of Monsanto's unapproved GM cotton
- India imposes anti-dumping duty on flat steel imports from China, EU
- Child sex abuse rising with Internet use in Southeast Asia
- Philippine president declares Marawi liberated as battle goes on |
RAQQA, Syria U.S.-backed militias in Syria declared victory over Islamic State in its capital Raqqa on Tuesday, raising flags over the last jihadist footholds after a four-month battle. | Video
OSLO Fiji called on Tuesday for "absolute dedication" to the strictest limits on global warming as it prepares to preside over U.N. talks next month seeking to keep the Paris climate agreement on track despite a U.S. pullout.
India's third-largest software services exporter Wipro Ltd posted a better than expected second-quarter profit on Tuesday, adding that it would match industry growth rates by the fourth quarter.
LONDON Craig Shakespeare's short reign as Leicester City manager was brought to an end on Tuesday when the Premier League club confirmed he had been sacked after four months in permanent charge.