MUMBAI Maharashtra, home to the country's financial capital Mumbai, will waive $5.27 billion of farm loans, the latest state to offer relief to farmers reeling from losses caused by bad weather.
- India clears plan for $3.10 billion second airport for Delhi
- Snapdeal files police case against former heads of local logistics firm
- British lawmakers hit by cyber security attack
- 15 dead, scores missing hours after landslide buries Chinese village |
- Ahead of Modi visit, U.S. sees no threat to Pakistan from arms deal with India
The United States government has approved the sale of a naval variant of the Predator drone made by General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc to India, the U.S.-based company said on Friday.
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan A faction of Pakistan-based sectarian militants Lashkar-e-Jhangvi on Saturday claimed responsibility for twin bombs that hit a market in the northwestern town of Parachinar, killing at least 50 people ahead of the holiday marking the end of Ramadan.
MOSUL, Iraq Iraqi forces opened exit routes for hundreds of civilians to flee the Old City of Mosul on Saturday as they battled to retake the quarter from Islamic State militants mounting a last stand in what was the de facto capital of their self-declared caliphate. | Video
DUBAI A senior United Arab Emirates official said on Saturday that if Qatar did not accept an ultimatum issued by fellow Arab states which imposed a boycott this month on the tiny Gulf Arab nation, there would be a "parting of ways".