NEW DELHI Prime Minister Narendra Modi's decision late last year to scrap high-value bank notes has put his finance minister in a bind ahead of the annual budget next month.
- At least 39 killed as train derails in Andhra Pradesh |
- Samsung Elec says battery caused Note 7 fires, may delay new phone launch
- Stokes all-round display earns England thrilling win
- White House vows to fight media 'tooth and nail' over Trump coverage
- Syria's warring sides gather for new attempt to break deadlock
NEW DELHI/CHENNAI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Hundreds of women gathered in over 30 towns and cities across India late on Saturday, saying they were "occupying the night streets" to demand safety in public spaces after reports of the mass molestation of women in Bengaluru city on New Year's Eve.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating a previously disclosed data breach at Yahoo Inc, the company said in a filing.
Gold prices rose on Monday to the highest in two months as investors sought safer assets amid uncertainty around the economic policies of new U.S. President Donald Trump and as the dollar declined against other major currencies.
MELBOURNE Serena Williams battled a misbehaving serve and scorching heat but stayed cool under pressure in a 7-5 6-4 win over Czech Barbora Strycova to reach the Australian Open quarter-finals on Monday.