NEW DELHI Indian conglomerate Adani Group has started building the country's first transshipment port, conceived 25 years ago, and the government will construct another $4-billion facility nearby to create a shipping hub rivalling Chinese facilities in the region.
- India seeks pulses from Myanmar, Africa to ease shortage, minister says
- Obama urges Americans to get behind Clinton, slams Trump |
- Lack of exercise costs world $67.5 billion and five million lives a year
- Fosun agrees to buy KKR-backed Indian drugmaker for $1.4 billion - source
- India makes crucial tweaks to push through stalled GST reform
NEW DELHI India signed a contract on Wednesday to buy four maritime spy planes from Boeing Co for about $1 billion, defence and industry sources said, aiming to bolster the navy as it tries to check China's presence in the Indian Ocean.
SYDNEY A home flight simulator owned by the pilot of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was used to plot a course to the southern Indian Ocean where the aircraft is believed to have gone missing, the Australian agency in charge of the search said on Thursday.
CHENNAI, India (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - An Indian activist who helped to set up a human rights group campaigning for the eradication of manual scavenging, a euphemism for disposing of faeces by hand, was awarded Asia's equivalent of the Nobel prize on Wednesday.
CHICAGO Even though many doctors see need for improvement, surgical robots are poised for big gains in operating rooms around the world.