NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Narendra Modi will let an executive order making it easier for businesses to buy land lapse on Monday after failing to win support from opposition parties in a major blow to his economic reform agenda.
ZURICH - Switzerland has rejected India's request for legal assistance in investigating two Swiss companies suspected of bribing Indian officials to win arms deals.
WASHINGTON - India's central bank has not said it is done with interest rate cuts and will keep a close eye on incoming data, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan said on Friday.
COLOMBO - Fast bowler Ishant Sharma's seventh five-wicket haul helped India bundle out Sri Lanka for 201 but the hosts fought back to take three quick wickets and leave the third and final test evenly poised on Sunday.
QUETTA, Pakistan - Gunmen stormed a remote airport in troubled southwestern Pakistan before dawn on Sunday, killing two engineers and destroying the facility's radar system, authorities said.
CAIRO - An Egyptian court sentenced three Al Jazeera TV journalists to three years in prison on Saturday for operating without a press license and broadcasting material harmful to Egypt, a case that has stirred an international outcry.
NEW YORK - Top-seeded world number ones Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic help launch the U.S. Open tennis championships on Monday's opening day of the year's final grand slam.
BANGKOK - Police probing Thailand's deadliest bombing raided a second location and widened their search for more suspects on Sunday after a foreigner was arrested and stacks of fake passports and bomb-making materials found at a Bangkok apartment block.
BEIJING - Usain Bolt needed a bit of help from his American rivals to win a third gold medal but Mo Farah secured a unique "treble double" all on his own on a dramatic penultimate night of the world athletics championships on Sunday.
BEIJING - Britain's Mo Farah kicked on the final corner and stormed down the home straight to retain his 5,000 metres world title on Saturday, securing an unprecedented third successive distance double at major global championships.
- Europe fails on electronics recycling goals
- Ashley Madison parent CEO quits after huge infidelity data hack |
- Uber hires two security researchers to improve car technology
- U.S. International Trade Commission clears Microsoft of patent infringement
- Steve Jobs seen as brilliant and brutal in Gibney documentary |
- RBI more likely to cut rates in September, GDP growth steady - Reuters Poll
- Vodafone India joins 4G race, to launch services by year end
- China's Commerce Ministry defends devaluation, sees 'limited' impact
- Big motorbikes rev up again under Iranian reforms
- Global Economy Weekahead: China fears linger as focus on Fed sharpens