DAVOS, Switzerland - Senior Saudi and Iranian figures clashed behind closed doors at a private meeting convened by the World Economic Forum in Davos this week to try to promote peace in Syria, participants said. Full Article
DAVOS, Switzerland The darling of the Davos political and financial elite, Christine Lagarde has a second term at the helm of the International Monetary Fund sewn up just days after nominations opened, despite facing possible trial in France.
DAVOS, Switzerland Russia is inviting foreign partners to help it develop fisheries around Pacific islands where Moscow and Tokyo have rival territorial claims and says it will give Tokyo priority; but if it doesn't jump at the chance, other investors will.
DAVOS, Switzerland Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urged Leonardo DiCaprio to tone down his "inflammatory rhetoric" on climate change saying it was not helping those who have lost their oil-industry jobs.
DAVOS, Switzerland Angela Merkel was missing from Davos this year, but the German leader's optimistic mantra "we can do this" echoed through the snowy resort in the Swiss Alps.
DAVOS, Switzerland The United States is not looking for conflict with China but steps it is taking in the South China Sea are self-isolating and prompting other countries to seek help from Washington, U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said on Friday.
DAVOS, Switzerland Turkey could do more in the fight against Islamic State militants, U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter said on Friday.
DAVOS, Switzerland Financial markets need more clarity on how Chinese authorities are managing their currency, particularly the relationship of the yuan to the U.S. dollar, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said on Saturday.
DAVOS, Switzerland Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Saturday he would scrutinize various factors, including the effect of global market turbulence on Japan's inflation expectations, in deciding whether additional monetary easing was necessary.
Exclusive interviews from Davos
- Jet Airways posts record quarterly net profit
- U.S., India in talks to settle solar power trade dispute
- Australia's Watson joins IPL's Bangalore for $1.4 million
- Taiwan quake kills at least 12, fells apartment block |
- Suicide bomber kills nine, injures dozens, in Pakistan city of Quetta
- North Korea brings forward rocket launch to as soon as Sunday |
- Trump, Rubio likely targets in eighth Republican presidential debate
- Nations aim for Afghan peace talks with Taliban by end-February
- WikiLeaks' Assange calls on Sweden, Britain to allow him freedom after U.N. panel report |
- Leicester stun Man City to go clear at top, Spurs up to second