NEW DELHI/SINGAPORE Uttar Pradesh is voting in the biggest democratic election anywhere in the world this year. If it were a country, the state - with a population of nearly 220 million - would be the world's fifth-largest.
- Keeping kosher: it may be bad for your economic health
- Mississippi church burned, vandalized with ‘Vote Trump’
- Myanmar police to arm and train non-Muslims in conflict-torn Rakhine region
- Mosul under Islamic State: hardship, terror and swift ‘justice’
- Pope Francis says he believes Catholic ban on female priests is forever