Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

Video

Santos: Ceasefire between FARC, government has begun

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 01:05

Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos says the bilateral ceasefire between the government and leftist FARC rebels has officially begun as he inaugurates a rehabilitation center for Colombian troops. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

ROUGH CUT (no reporter narration) STORY: Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said on Monday (August 29) the bilateral ceasefire had started as he inaugurated a rehabilitation center for Colombian troops, an event he described as a "happy overlap." Colombian Defence Minister Luis Carlos Villegas and General Juan Pablo Rodriguez, Commander of Military Forces, were also in attendance. The deal between the leaders of the leftist guerrilla group, referred to as FARC, and the government was announced last week in Havana after almost four years of talks. The rebels have agreed to lay down arms after half a century of war.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Santos: Ceasefire between FARC, government has begun

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 01:05