Aug 29 (Reuters) - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
* issued a draft decision proposing to grant conditional authorisation to a commercial alliance between BP Australia Pty Ltd, BP resellers, and Woolworths
* expects to release its final decision in October 2017
* considers that fuel discount offers in excess of 4 cents per litre could have longer-term effects on structure of retail fuel markets
* authorisation would allow participating BP service stations to accept Woolworths shopper dockets and participate in Woolworths loyalty program
* has not taken into account any detriments from a lessening of competition as part of its assessment of authorisation applications.
* ACCC is proposing to grant authorisation on condition that parties not offer fuel discounts from shopper dockets & loyalty scheme in excess of 4 cents per litre in total Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: