Aug 24 (Reuters) - Blackrock’s Koesterich:
* Blackrock’s Russ Koesterich says going forward, gold’s performance may be most closely linked with what happens in Washington D.C.
* Blackrock’s Russ Koesterich says for now would prefer to bet on gold’s diversifying properties rather than political stability
* Blackrock’s Russ Koesterich says absent fiscal stimulus, the U.S. economy appears to be in a state of equilibrium
* Blackrock’s Koesterich says if congress manages to enact tax cut/other stimulus, likely to see some reassessment of growth, corresponding backup in real rates
* Blackrock’s Koesterich says “For now my bias would be to stick with gold” Further company coverage: