Aug 10 (Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd:
* HY profit attributable to equity shareholders was RMB62.7 billion, up by 3.5%
* HY operating revenue was RMB388.9 billion, up by 5.0%
* Total number of mobile customers was 867 million, representing a net addition of 17.61 million in HY
* Payment of an interim dividend of HK$1.623 per share
* Broadband ARPU recorded a growth of 4.6% to RMB34.9 in first half of 2017
* APRU that included home digital services grew by 9.8% to reach RMB38.0 in HY
* “This year, we will commence field tests for 5G”
* Target is to boost penetration of digital set-top box to 45% by end of year
* Aim to grow number of 4G customers to in excess of 630 million and volte customers to over 150 million by end of this year
* Company will also endeavour to achieve a full-year net profit higher than that of 2016
* Company will further expand pace of IOT adoption, with a target to add 100 million smart connections for full year of 2017
* Is on track to achieve its target of a net increase of 100 million 4G customers this year.
* Will further expand pace of iot adoption, with a target to add 100 million smart connections for full year of 2017.
* Announces special dividend of HK$3.200 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: