March 2 (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline Plc:
* Feb. 23 2017 positive results for Relvar Ellipta lung function study in patients with well-controlled asthma positive headline results from a non-inferiority lung function study read more
* Positive headline results from a non-inferiority lung function study
* Results demonstrated statistically significant differences in favour of ics/laba combinations to FP (p<0.001).
* Incidences of on-treatment serious adverse events and adverse events of special interest were consistent with known safety profile of ff/vi
* Intends to submit this data to European Medicines Agency (EMA)
* Gsk - study showed well-controlled asthma patients able to switch to once-daily relvar ellipta combination without compromising lung function
* Gsk now intends to submit this data to european medicines agency Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)