May 11 (Reuters) - Continental Gold Inc:
* Newmont Mining Corp- announced an agreement to invest approximately U.S.$109 million for 19.9 percent ownership of Continental Gold Inc
* Newmont Mining - agreed to purchase 37.38 million common shares of continental in a non-brokered private placement at a price of C$4.00 per share.
* Newmont Mining Corp- terms of investment agreement include Newmont’s right to participate in future equity issuance to maintain its ownership stake
* Newmont Mining Corp- terms of investment agreement include Newmont holding a seat on continental’s board of directors
* Newmont Mining - terms of agreement include two cos establishing joint technical and sustainability committees and strategic exploration alliance Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: