July 20 (Reuters) - Premier Foods Plc
* Q1 trading update
* Q1 sales down (3.1 pct), in line with group's expectations for quarter
* Q1 international sales up +20 pct
* Expectations for progress in full year remain unchanged
* "Q1 sales were lower than last year, as we expected, primarily due to lower sales volumes in grocery categories, notably desserts"
* "Expect to report positive sales growth in q2, broadly flat sales in first half"
* Anticipates stronger trends in q2, beginning to see reversal of reduction in multi-buy promotions which impacted grocery volumes
* Remains confident of delivering positive sales growth in quarter two and broadly flat sales for first half
* sg&a re-sizing programme is now complete and cost reductions, which are expected to deliver savings of 10 million stg this FY
* Group's revolving credit facility with its bank syndicate are expected to be approximately 7 mln stg in current financial year Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)