Aug 10 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd:
* Says intimating cessation of discussion with Skoda around potential partnership
* Says two companies have decided to keep in touch for future areas of collaborations
* Both the companies have jointly concluded that envisioned areas of partnership may not yield the desired synergies as originally assessed
* Says "remain positive of exploring future opportunities with the Volkswagen group"
* Says Tata Motors will continue to pursue standalone product strategy
* Says "have concluded that the strategic benefits for both parties are below the threshold levels" Source text: bit.ly/2uIDnDM Further company coverage: